Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Bottom hardness and vegetation.

Bottom hardness and vegetation. 6 years 8 months ago #1011

• Jonas
I wonder when we can expect the feature bottomhardness, and is it possible to get vegetation also like it is in Insight Genesis? This would be an really cool feature i think.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Bottom hardness and vegetation. 6 years 8 months ago #1012

• Matt
Hi Jonas,
The bottom hardness module is in beta now and, depending on how testing goes, should be released within 4-6 weeks. Bottom hardness/composition will be an add-on module for the PRO edition. We have developed the BT module in such a way as to allow expansion for any number of different layer types, and vegetation is on the road map. It won't be part of the initial BT release but will be included within the module when it is ready.

Matt

Bottom hardness and vegetation. 6 years 8 months ago #1013

• woda
Matt wrote:
Hi Jonas,
The bottom hardness module is in beta now and, depending on how testing goes, should be released within 4-6 weeks. Bottom hardness/composition will be an add-on module for the PRO edition. We have developed the BT module in such a way as to allow expansion for any number of different layer types, and vegetation is on the road map. It won't be part of the initial BT release but will be included within the module when it is ready.

Matt

How much will it cost for the PRO version?

Bottom hardness and vegetation. 6 years 8 months ago #1016

• Matt
Hi Woda,
The bottom composition module will be US$50, and will require an existing PRO license.

Matt

Bottom hardness and vegetation. 6 years 8 months ago #1029

• Jonas
So you have to have the pro licens and pay 50 usd extra for the addon?

Bottom hardness and vegetation. 6 years 8 months ago #1030

• Matt
That's correct Jonas - it is an extra $50 (+VAT) for existing PRO users.

Bottom hardness and vegetation. 6 years 8 months ago #1051

• Jonas
So it will be 119 usd + 50 usd for that information, i think that is quite expensive. But i do understand the effort you make for this great program. But still, 169 usd for full licens is a lot of money. Will vegetation include in this license or will it be an extra charge for that feature?

Bottom hardness and vegetation. 6 years 8 months ago #1055

• fjordfisher
Hello Jonas,

expensive is ever relative ...
119 USD ... is about the same relation as DrDepth, but much moderately priced as Surfer, GM (and GM can not even interpolating SLG/SL2), Sonar5, Hypack, Insight Genesis ...

I can't believe, that Matt will be a rich man with his program.

But You have a 1st class support, updates and new features, which most other programs no owning.

Matt - on the other side: This is a note, that a few user search a solution for 1 ... 5 lakes and have no interest to work in for a complexly program. Wouldn't it be better for this people, to sent there files, and RM create the chart for separate Price? Tell the truth, if i had only 1 ... 3 lakes, i would not spend more than 20 ... 30 USD for depth charts together, at any rate not so much as Insight Genesis.

Best wishes
fjordfisher
Last Edit: 6 years 8 months ago by fjordfisher.

Bottom hardness and vegetation. 6 years 8 months ago #1056

• Jonas
Well i do think 119 usd for the pro is a good price, and it´s really worth it. The Reefmaster team has done a really good job with the program and it´s features and i do hope they do make som good money from it :-)
I will pay the 50 usd for the extra feature, so it´s not that. My point is for a new person who is in thoughts to buy this maybe be a bit scared for the price. And just as you say Fjordfisher, there are people who just want to do like a few ammount of lakes. and 169 usd for 3 lakes, thats expencive. :-) So thats an good idea to buy for single lakes i think.
Excuse me for my poor English :-)
Last Edit: 6 years 8 months ago by Jonas.

Bottom hardness and vegetation. 6 years 8 months ago #1057

• Matt
Hi Jonas,
We keep the price of the core program down by offering extra features, such as bottom-type, as additional modules. This way, if you don't need the feature, you don't have to pay for it.
When we do add a vegetation layer (not in the initial BT release), it will be included in the existing BT module as a free upgrade.

thanks,
Matt

Bottom hardness and vegetation. 6 years 8 months ago #1058

• Hubert
For some people, who need only one or two lakes, it would be the best choice to transfer their logfiles to somebody, who is experienced with mapping and pay a few bucks for a 'ready to use' map. A few of my friends ned a solution to insert a ready to use SD-card. Mapping and computers are not their strong suit :)

Bottom hardness and vegetation. 6 years 8 months ago #1059

• Luke
I think the Price Structure is fair.

For DD you had to pay´d about 100 Euros for Dr.Depth basic,
then again about 100 Euros for the Sidescan Module,
then about another 100 Euros for the Bottom Type Module.
And then DD was sold, the Software wont get any Updates....

I think reefmaster has developed more functions, easier handling, in much less time
and for a better Pricing Structure .....

An i believe reefmaster will get more and more wanted functions and overhaul DD,
as it was developed in a rapid way.
Luke
Last Edit: 6 years 8 months ago by Luke.
SCROLL TO TOP

We use cookies to improve our website and your experience when using it. Cookies used for the essential operation of the site have already been set. To find out more about the cookies we use and how to delete them, see our Privacy Policy.

I accept cookies from this site