Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Bottom hardness and vegetation.

Bottom hardness and vegetation. 4 years 10 months ago #4490

• CHRISTODOR
Hi to everyone!
I am going to buy the bottom composition module in a few days and I would like to have a better idea of its potential.So, is this module making a map, consisted of the general type of bottom composition or is it much more detailed?For example, is it possible to see the difference between a mud-consisted bottom and a mud- consisted bottom with several little rocks on it(20 cm rocks for example)?The later type is what many beautiful fishes prefer here and it is of utmost importance to find this type of bottom.
Some pictures would also help me to understand What I plan to buy.
Thank you!
Last Edit: 4 years 10 months ago by CHRISTODOR.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Bottom hardness and vegetation. 4 years 10 months ago #4494

• dannett
CHRISTODOR wrote:
So, is this module making a map, consisted of the general type of bottom composition or is it much more detailed?
Yes.CHRISTODOR wrote:
For example, is it possible to see the difference between a mud-consisted bottom and a mud- consisted bottom with several little rocks on it(20 cm rocks for example)?
Yes and no. You will be able to tell where the mud has more rocks in it because the soundings will get stronger returns (hopefully a good second echo if the depth is set correctly). You won't see the stones but the structure scan would provide you this information.

Eye candy.

This is bottom composition. About the smallest resolution I could manage was 4m. Darker spots are harder.

Same location (pin on the darkest spot) in structure scan mode.

This area is part of a big ledge that dries to 3.5m and drops to 35m with 50m comprising of rock/ coral / sand and mud. The bottom has areas where the rock is more solid than other spots.

Dan.

Bottom hardness and vegetation. 4 years 10 months ago #4495

• CHRISTODOR
Thank you Dannett!
I knew that I wouldn't be able to see every rock but if I can see the difference,that's ok!

Bottom hardness and vegetation. 4 years 6 months ago #5194

• Virre
Are there any news about the vegetation update for the bottom composition module?
Last Edit: 4 years 6 months ago by Virre.

Bottom hardness and vegetation. 1 month 3 weeks ago #11356

• Redlin
Hi Matt,

do you have some news about the "vegetation module"?

Best wishes!

Stefan

Bottom hardness and vegetation. 4 weeks 19 hours ago #11379

• Sasch
I‘d like to second that question -)
SCROLL TO TOP

We use cookies to improve our website and your experience when using it. Cookies used for the essential operation of the site have already been set. To find out more about the cookies we use and how to delete them, see our Privacy Policy.

I accept cookies from this site