Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: GARMIN map

GARMIN map 2 weeks 5 days ago #11589

• RD77
I bought a GARMIN ECHOMAP 92sv and I would like to know if I could make my cards like with my old lowrance?

I do see within Reefmaster that I can export to GPX format and can choose between Humminbird and Garmin. I just want to make sure that there will be no compatability issues with these newer Garmin units and Reefmaster exported data?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

GARMIN map 2 weeks 5 days ago #11590

• Matt
Unfortunately it is not possible to make maps for Garmin units in the same way as we can for Lowrance and Simrad units. The best you can do is export tracks in GPX format, which Garmin can read as trails. This won't give you a map, buy you can use trails to show an outline of an area, for example.

GARMIN map 2 weeks 4 days ago #11593

• Vadim
RD77

Try this converter:
www.rusfishing.ru/forum/threads/360704/page-1000

It is quite simple. Select the KMZ (vector map saved in RM) file and click the Start button.
The resulting file GMAPSUPP.IMG put in the \Garmin folder on the device.

The resulting map works fine with the Garmin hand-held navigators. Maybe it will work on your chartplotter...
Last Edit: 2 weeks 4 days ago by Vadim.

GARMIN map 2 weeks 4 days ago #11594

• Anton76
Wow..

GARMIN map 2 weeks 3 days ago #11595

• Riba
I am very interested to switch from Lowrance to Garmin. One of the main reasons I haven't done it yet is the maps I have created in RM over the years. If this works that would be great! Please keep us posted about the results of this conversion and if ithe maps work on Garmin!

GARMIN map 2 weeks 3 days ago #11596

• fjordfisher
The solution is interesting and work with handhelds as GPSMAP 60.

But is this a solution for newer Garmin units? I mean units with protection against own charts.

I will to test the ready file in my unit and if its not works, add the known trick against the protection for own charts.

But first: Thanks for such a solution, which create high quality map "for all"!
Last Edit: 2 weeks 3 days ago by fjordfisher.

GARMIN map 2 weeks 1 day ago #11600

• DAVES
saw this link it looks interesting but how do you open in English?
<*)))><

GARMIN map 1 week 4 days ago #11607

• Vadim
Yes, among a large number of messages in Russian, it’s hard to find a valid link to the latest version of the program.

Here is a link to a folder containing the latest version of the converter and a folder with all previous versions of the program:

yadi.sk/d/TXiLsSBwJVO2mQ

The current version of the converter uses the old cGPSmapper as a compiler.
Therefore, do not wait for miracles in terms of compatibility of the charts (created by the converter) with modern Garmin chartplotters.
SCROLL TO TOP

We use cookies to improve our website and your experience when using it. Cookies used for the essential operation of the site have already been set. To find out more about the cookies we use and how to delete them, see our Privacy Policy.

I accept cookies from this site