Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: ReefMaster 2.0 Early Access

ReefMaster 2.0 Early Access 3 years 4 months ago #8686

• DannyGeysen
Great job Matt. Thank you for all your hard work.
Reefmaster 2.0 is by far the most suited software for what we want to achieve: really detailed maps..
I am very happy to be able to produce my own bathymetric maps for my Lowrance units with Reefmaster 2.0 and Insight Mapreator.
This is simply the best. :)
Lowrance ProStaff
Last Edit: 3 years 4 months ago by DannyGeysen.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

ReefMaster 2.0 Early Access 3 years 4 months ago #8687

• houseboat
Well for old fisher man I figure out how to create a map, there are some things I don't understand
what is the color green and orange about ?I notice if I change something it chg to orange but also goes to green ?
does anyone know how to start out with the map at Pool level ? or create map at Pool level
I know how to change the water level,but if I start out at Pool level that would be great
Thanks has always

ReefMaster 2.0 Early Access 3 years 4 months ago #8688

• Matt
Orange means your map is "out of date" - a parameter has changed that affects the map, and it has not been rebuilt yet. Green means the map is up to date. I suggest adjusting all of your tracks to "full pool" using water level offsets and then adjusting the level of your whole project down as required by using the map project water level offset.
Please start a thread in the support section if you have more queries - thanks!

ReefMaster 2.0 Early Access 3 years 4 months ago #8718

• sonarbear
Thanks so much for the early rollout! I was really starting to worry that RM2 would turn into vaporware, but finally I was proven wrong! Don't be discouraged by negative opinions! There are some issues, but overall, you guys are doing more than what can be expected to solve them.

ReefMaster 2.0 Early Access 3 years 4 months ago #8766

• Matt
A maintenance release is available, v2.0.25, which fixes the following issues:
  • Tide imports from text file not working in some locales.
  • NMEA position data not always being received.
  • Crash in Map View after region select.
  • Track start times not set correctly on import from sonar log files.

It is now also possible to select multiple files when importing map boundaries.

Please update via the Check for Updates option.

ReefMaster 2.0 Early Access 3 years 4 months ago #8770

• Matt
Just to note that we are aware of an issue when importing some Shapefiles, and are working on a resolution.

Edit: some projections aren't being imported correctly, but the problem can be worked around by loading the affected Shapfiles into QGis, resaving and importing into RM. We'll continue to look into why this is happening, as QGis is able to load these files correctly.
Last Edit: 3 years 4 months ago by Matt.

ReefMaster 2.0 Early Access 3 years 4 months ago #8774

• nvc
The update did not work as a Live date and does not work! No data is received! And it is not clear what comes. No NMEA monitor window offers!
Why is not the selected port saved in the settings? The Connect button is superfluous. Enough buttons On / Off.
The trial version of the Rifmaster!
The only version on which the trial runs a live date is 1.7!

ReefMaster 2.0 Early Access 3 years 4 months ago #8779

• Matt
Connect just tests connection - port should be retained, assuming it is there again when you start RM/you made a successful connection before (port name could change, then it could be lost).
We seem to have some localisation issues affecting some users (especially Russia). Looking into it now.

ReefMaster 2.0 Early Access 3 years 4 months ago #8790

• Matt
Maintenance release v2.0.26 is now available that fixes an issue when importing depths from Shapefiles under some regional locales.

ReefMaster 2.0 Early Access 3 years 4 months ago #8791

• Nicktech
Hi Matt,

Am I correct that we no longer need to record .sl2 file, and that the default .sl3 files can be directly imported into the new version of reefmaster?

Just out of curiosity, what additional data will we be able to use between the older .sl2 format and the current .sl3.

Kind Regards
Nick

ReefMaster 2.0 Early Access 3 years 4 months ago #8792

• Matt
Nicktech wrote:
Hi Matt,

Am I correct that we no longer need to record .sl2 file, and that the default .sl3 files can be directly imported into the new version of reefmaster?

Just out of curiosity, what additional data will we be able to use between the older .sl2 format and the current .sl3.

Kind Regards
Nick

Correct - you can now import SL3 files directly into RM2.
At the moment, we don't use any additional data - just the sidescan and 2D sonar channels that we used to use in SL2 files. Potentially there is more data in an SL3 file that can be recorded by the SS3D module, however at the moment we are unable to use this information. When and if Navico give us permission to use this data we should be able to extract usable depth information from it.

ReefMaster 2.0 Early Access 3 years 4 months ago #8793

• Paulchen
Hi,

I noted some test files with the *.sl3 format yesterday and without problems to import to be able.

Peter
SCROLL TO TOP

We use cookies to improve our website and your experience when using it. Cookies used for the essential operation of the site have already been set. To find out more about the cookies we use and how to delete them, see our Privacy Policy.

I accept cookies from this site