Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: ReefMaster 2.0 Early Access

ReefMaster 2.0 Early Access 2 years 9 months ago #8970

• Matt
Update your existing RM1 to the latest version - you can do this without starting RM by running the separate "check for updates" application, or just download and install the latest version from our download page. Installing the latest version over the top works in the same way as the upgrade and you won't lose data.
If you then get a message complaining about the license code being in use, drop a mail to This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. and we can fix it (please include your license code).
The administrator has disabled public write access.

ReefMaster 2.0 Early Access 2 years 9 months ago #8984

• Matt
There is a new maintenance release, v2.0.28. Please update in the usual way. This is likely the last "early access" release before full launch later this week.

Changes include:
  • Fixed crash when importing some SL3 files.
  • Fixed issue when using fixed depth palettes with shaded relief layers.
  • Shaded relief map layers were not using the user-specified default project palette.
  • Atlas description in AT5 exports now configured to give selectable maps in compatible units.

The most significant of these changes is probably the last one, concerning the Atlas Description in AT5 exports. This now works as it should, in that it will give you a new "Chart Source" within the unit (alongside Lowrance and Navionics). This means that you can export multiple maps with different atlas descriptions and choose between them on the unit. E.g. you could export a set of lake maps at different water levels and choose between them whilst on the water. Note that for this to work, you need to specify a unique atlas description for each map. The flip side to this is that if you are exporting multiple maps and don't want to have to choose between them, then either un-check the Atlas description option during export or use the same atlas description for all of the maps.

ReefMaster 2.0 Early Access 2 years 9 months ago #8985

• chbaker3
Matt, Do you have a time line of when the Vegetation modules will be available?

ReefMaster 2.0 Early Access 2 years 9 months ago #8992

• ndoggac
I was hoping for a bit of clarification on StructureScan3D vs legacy StructureScan.

I think I understand that 2D depth data is currently not usable from SL3 files yet, due to lack of permission from NAVICO/Lowrance.

But, RM can import and utilize SL3 sidescan data, correct?

Will the sidescan data from newer StructureScan3D transducers in the new SL3 format be superior in any way to legacy structurescan data in SL2 format? If there are differences, is RM yet able to leverage the additional data for better results in SideScan mosaics?

Thanks.

ReefMaster 2.0 Early Access 2 years 9 months ago #8993

• Matt
At the moment we get pretty much exactly the same information out of SL3 files that we do out of SL2 files - there really isn't much difference, and no real advantage other than the fact that if you can record SS3D data you might as well, since it might be possible to use it one day.

ReefMaster 2.0 Early Access 2 years 9 months ago #9008

• ndoggac
Thanks for the answer. I realize now the proper search term was SS3D, not StructureScan3D. Realize now you've answered this already on several occasions. Appreciate your patience.

I'm really curious to see how much of an improvement this tech really is (if any) from a data collection point of view, or if it's just marketing mumbo jumbo.

ReefMaster 2.0 Early Access 2 years 9 months ago #9015

• nvc
SS3D is an interference sonar and has a multi-beam measurement technology.
The data recorded with the SS3D + dynamic motion sensor processed in SonarWiz which recently received the bathymetry processing function of SL3
www.chesapeaketech.com/wp-content/upload...Highlights.Rev1_.pdf
Attachments:
Last Edit: 2 years 9 months ago by nvc.

ReefMaster 2.0 Early Access 2 years 9 months ago #9019

• hakan
Impressive stuff!!!
I got the impression that the SS3D had some kind of stabilization using backscatter from surface, otherwise it would be super sensitive to any kind of roll or maybe it is SUPER sensitive to roll?

Did it make a big difference by post processing using good MRU values and how did you manage to sync the logged MRU data with the data stream from the SS3D?
Can you apply sound speed profile in post processing also using Sonarwiz?

Cheers
Hakan

ReefMaster 2.0 Early Access 2 years 9 months ago #9020

• nvc
SL3 recorded using the Point-1 antenna
Video where Point-1 was not used

Yes in Sonarwiz there is an input poppement for the speed sound.

SCROLL TO TOP

We use cookies to improve our website and your experience when using it. Cookies used for the essential operation of the site have already been set. To find out more about the cookies we use and how to delete them, see our Privacy Policy.

I accept cookies from this site