Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Satelite image on HDS screen

Satelite image on HDS screen 7 years 4 months ago #2939

• Mats
Thanks Matt,

The thing is that I am part of a network that shares data, or actually, in order to maintain some integrity and fishing secrets, the participants shares their data and gets finished map sets in return. That means that I both have at5 files that are made by myself, but also files that I have received, and of course I would like to have them all on the SD card simultaniously, if possible.

So, Greg, can you help out here. How does it really work?

//Mats
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Satelite image on HDS screen 7 years 4 months ago #2947

• PSHINTON
Hello, first let me say thanks for all the great information. When i try to process large maps in 4 to 4 resolution or better in IMC I am getting the Index Not Found Error. Someone said it was fixed internally but not released yet. Anyone have a copy of the fixed version or know when it will be released?
Thank you,

Satelite image on HDS screen 7 years 3 months ago #2951

• travisgriggs
Mats wrote:
Greg,

Oh, and another thing.
It seems I can only see the background image in the HDS when I chose Imagery=Shaded relief. But then I don't see the bathymetric chart (vector). Isn't there a way to see both? Is it on a layer behind the background image perhaps? How do you define the layer order in that case?
Or is it so that I have to use a raster bathymetric chart if I also want to have a raster background image?

If your AT5 map is strictly a raster graphic (satellite imagery basemap, etc.), then the Lowrance vector graphics will overlay on top of it exactly as they do with the stock "shaded relief" background.

Here's an example where the channel markers show through. i.imgur.com/NshJZg2.jpg?1

Now I'm not sure, but I think that selecting "Shaded relief" removes the contour lines and replaces them with, well, shaded relief on the stock unit. The depth soundings and other markers should remain visible, per your categories/chart detail settings.

So I think you're correct. To have contour lines and shaded relief simultaneously, you'd have to integrate the contours into your raster basemap. (or build a custom vector basemap up from scratch as a replacement.)

Satelite image on HDS screen 7 years 1 month ago #3570

• emilio140
Hi Greg,
I am using a SAS generated satellite image in a Elite 7 HDI. Is there any way to see the original Depth chart with the shaded image from google? All I can see now is the google image without the depth outlines. Not sure if the Elite series allows you to used the satellite image (land), but keep the water contours (depth chart).
Thanks

Satelite image on HDS screen 7 years 1 week ago #3858

• RowanT
Hi all

I am a bass angler from South Africa. Thank you very much to all of you who contributed to this thread. I followed your instructions and got this working first time for a small test section of the dam. I am amazed at the skill you guys have.

I have one question around SAS and i hope i have followed proper forum etiquette here and haven't reopened an old thread.

If i capture my dam in several files, will the cache zoom files in the SAS folder from the first capture remain there. In other words, each time i capture, will the old zoom files be overwritten, or will they all save in there from each of my captures, so that when i select those zoom files in IMC raster mode i select for all the captures i have done and not just the most recent one?

Forgive me if this is a stupid question, but from what i understand from this topic, it is important to follow proper protocol with this program in terms of saving files.

Edit: Never mind, i figured it out. Suppose we are all guilty of asking for help before we actually give it a proper go first ourselves.
Last Edit: 7 years 1 week ago by RowanT.

Satelite image on HDS screen 6 years 7 months ago #4912

• Darkhorse
Hi Guys
Im having a problem with finding the dbcache.dat file in GE. Im running windows 8 and the only file that i can select is C:\Users\username\AppData\LocalLow\Google\GoogleEarth\unified_cache_leveldb_leveldb2. Even then the folder does not contain the dbcache.dat file. SAS planet is running fine otherwise but i particularly want a historical image in AT5 format. Any suggestions!!?

Satelite image on HDS screen 6 years 7 months ago #4914

• Darkhorse
Ok Guys reinstalled after uninstalling GE with version 6 and found the correct cache file. But still not working cannot find the dbcache google earth option in the map selection. I have done the following
  • Downloaded and installed the 2 Tilestorage files GC an GE
  • Installed the Geocacher into the Map directory of the installed file
Settings to look at dbcache.dat in GE folder
Then the map selection does not give me the option to select the dbcache GE option as in the PDF
any suggestions

Ok Just to let you know i came right with this eventually
Last Edit: 6 years 7 months ago by Darkhorse.

Satelite image on HDS screen 6 years 6 months ago #5031

• ramissin
@Darkhorse, I've spent half a day trying to get this to work, can you elaborate on what you did to get this working ?

I'm at a dead end, I've tried everything and nothing works.

tia

Satelite image on HDS screen 6 years 6 months ago #5104

• LittleGazoo
Go here:
sasgis.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=52&t=2671

I'm historically working after downloading the Nightly Build, then the Libge.
Use 7Zip to expand SASPlanet download into a folder(C:\SASPLANET).
Then expand the Libge download into the same folder(C:\SASPLANET), and write over previous existing elements.

Change SASPlanet GE_cache(Settings->Options->Cache: Google Earth cache folder to:
For GE 6: C:\Users\YOURSELF\AppData\LocalLow\Google\GoogleEarth\
For GE 7: C:\Users\YOURSELF\AppData\LocalLow\Google\GoogleEarth\unified_cache_leveldb_leveldb2

I have not tried GE 7 yet. Currently I running:
SASPlanet 150406.8637 w/ Libge update
GE 6.2.2.6613
Last Edit: 6 years 6 months ago by LittleGazoo.

Satelite image on HDS screen 6 years 6 months ago #5117

• Fish_cast
Hi Guys,
Many thanks for sharing your significant skills and expertise within this forum. I am a freshwater angler from Australia and have been trying for some time to view historical images from Google Earth on my HDS sounder. Your posts have certainly helped as I can now access most of the historical image from GE in SAS Planet. However it seems I am overlooking something as not all the tiles are visible, and right clicking on the tile in question and "Download Primary tile to Cache" does not resolve the issue.
I have attached a section of the original GE map and the corresponding section from SAS Planet to illustrate this incomplete downloading and hope that you may have suggestions on how to resolve this issue.
Again many thanks for sharing your knowledge with others - I am just a beginner in the world of making maps for a HDS unit.

Satelite image on HDS screen 6 years 6 months ago #5139

• Fish_cast
Managed to get a complete image of the lake within SAS Planet - cleared the disk and memory caches with GE after selecting the historical map I was after.

I have successfully downloaded Z16, Z17, and Z18. I got 70% of Z19 downloaded when I received an error message :unable to connect to server", then "wait for 5 seconds" when the download connection is attempted - unsuccessfully although a single file is downloaded with each attempt. Given that Z19 comprises around 11,600 files, this appears a real issue.
I have restarted both the computer and wireless ADSL 2+ router with no success.
Any thoughts or ideas will be greatly appreciated.
Many thanks
Graham

Satelite image on HDS screen 6 years 6 months ago #5151

• PhilR
Hi all - my first post, what a great forum. Thanks for all the info
Last Edit: 6 years 6 months ago by PhilR.
SCROLL TO TOP