Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Satelite image on HDS screen

Satelite image on HDS screen 7 years 4 months ago #2879

• rimart
Just select the region you want to download SAT image. Then on pop up window choose tab STICH . Choose the zoom level you want to download and make other settings you like. Thats it :)
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Satelite image on HDS screen 7 years 4 months ago #2881

• LittleGazoo
rimart wrote:
Just select the region you want to download SAT image. Then on pop up window choose tab STICH . Choose the zoom level you want to download and make other settings you like. Thats it :)

I see that gets me the current satellite imagery, but not a historical image from GE.
I don't see a SASPlanet option to download a old satellite image.

Satelite image on HDS screen 7 years 4 months ago #2888

• travisgriggs
LittleGazoo wrote:
rimart wrote:

I see that gets me the current satellite imagery, but not a historical image from GE.
I don't see a SASPlanet option to download a old satellite image.

It is possible to use GoogleEarth historical imagery with SASPlanet, but it isn't easy.

From much reading of Google Translated forum posts, in order to download historical imagery, you have to point SASPlanet to the Google Earth cache files, then manually scroll Google Earth through the historical imagery at the zoom level that you want to download.

After you do that, the historical imagery will be available within SASPlanet under the "Google Earth" source that you probably assumed was broken. (I did...)

That said, so far I haven't been able to get it to work. Something gets lost in the translation of the technical details, and I've thrown in the towel after a few hours working on it.

Hopefully this helps. If you get it working, please let me know how you did it!

More info: sasgis.ru/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1982

Satelite image on HDS screen 7 years 4 months ago #2889

• travisgriggs
Ok, I got historical imagery working!

Check out the instructions in the attached PDF. You have to download the two "Tilestorage" files on the first page and save them in the same folder that contains SASPlanet.exe. (You can skip the GwoCacherDirect.zmp file download on the second page.)

Then open SASPlanet and click Settings, Options, and click the Cache tab. Under the GoogleEarth cache folder option, type the following address (For windows 7) C:\Users\***YourName***\AppData\LocalLow\Google\GoogleEarth\

Click OK, then restart SAS Planet.

Your google earth cache should be viewable under Sources/GoogleEarth/Earth.

To switch to historical imagery, right click anywhere on the displayed map and change the "version" to a different date.

If you get errors, make sure that Google Earth is CLOSED. It won't work if G-earth is open.
Attachments:

Satelite image on HDS screen 7 years 4 months ago #2910

• LittleGazoo
Thanks TravisGriggs, you've got me working SASPlanet now.

I still have problem reoccurring more than not. I copy my BoundAT5 files into the ShadedRelief folder in the root-directory of my SD-card. All's AOK displaying on HDS Touch. Then if I copy other folders(HDS saved waypoint folder, Saved Settings folder, etc) to the SD-card root-folder, THEN most times my HDS Touch fails to overlay the satellite images from the ShadedRelief folder. Then I delete all other folders, then ShadedRelief images are displaying again. . .

Anyone know why?
Last Edit: 7 years 4 months ago by LittleGazoo.

Satelite image on HDS screen 7 years 4 months ago #2928

• Mats
Greg,
With reference to your post 1502, can you please clarify the resolution concept in the IMC.

For example, I have a 500MB GEOTIFF file (including .prj & .tfw files) with aerial photography. The original resolution is 0.5 meter per pixel.
In the IMC, I have used the setting 0.5 for both Min and Max resolution. But when I use the imagery in my HDS unit (HDS10 Gen2), I only see the background image at the very highest zoom levels (zoomed in).
So what do I have to do in order to see the background image in all zoom levels? Do I have to use multiple source images with different resolutions, or can IMC do the trick with the same source image? How should I set it up in that case?

Oh, and another thing.
It seems I can only see the background image in the HDS when I chose Imagery=Shaded relief. But then I don't see the bathymetric chart (vector). Isn't there a way to see both? Is it on a layer behind the background image perhaps? How do you define the layer order in that case?
Or is it so that I have to use a raster bathymetric chart if I also want to have a raster background image?

Thanks
//Mats

Satelite image on HDS screen 7 years 4 months ago #2931

• Mats
Further to my previous post.

Ok, so I tested to use different resolutions in the IMC, and it worked fine using the same source file for all resolutions (0.5 - 8192). And I did not get any degradation of the colours or quality at any zoom level. So everything is good there!

But I still have problems with the bathymetric chart not showing in my HDS. I looked in the at5.xml file for the vector data, and as far as I can tell it looks ok. Please see below.
I also have other charts with their own at5.xml files in the same SD card, but they are all located in different folders. What am I doing worng?

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<at5>
<renderSettings>
<layersOver3D>
<layer>
<tagName>a!z,]O!!RëÎ!</tagName>
<alpha>255</alpha>
</layer>
<layer>
<tagName>a!z,]O!!ÕëÎ!</tagName>
<alpha>255</alpha>
</layer>
<layer>
<tagName>a!z,]O!!íëÎ!</tagName>
<alpha>255</alpha>
</layer>
<layer>
<tagName>a!z,]O!$sëÎ!</tagName>
<alpha>255</alpha>
</layer>
<layer>
<tagName>a!z,]O!${ëÎ!</tagName>
<alpha>255</alpha>
</layer>
<layer>
<tagName>a!z,]O!$ÅëÎ!</tagName>
<alpha>255</alpha>
</layer>
<layer>
<tagName>a!z,]O!$ÍëÎ!</tagName>
<alpha>255</alpha>
</layer>
<layer>
<tagName>a!z,]O!$ÕëÎ!</tagName>
<alpha>255</alpha>
</layer>
<layer>
<tagName>a!z,]O!%BëÎ!</tagName>
<alpha>255</alpha>
</layer>
<layer>
<tagName>a!z,]O!%sëÎ!</tagName>
<alpha>255</alpha>
</layer>
<layer>
<tagName>a!z,]O!%åëÎ!</tagName>
<alpha>255</alpha>
</layer>
<layer>
<tagName>a!z,]O!(RëÎ!</tagName>
<alpha>255</alpha>
</layer>
<layer>
<tagName>a!z,]O!(ÅëÎ!</tagName>
<alpha>255</alpha>
</layer>
<layer>
<tagName>a!z,]O!0JëÎ!</tagName>
<alpha>255</alpha>
</layer>
<layer>
<tagName>a!z,]O!2cëÎ!</tagName>
<alpha>255</alpha>
</layer>
<layer>
<tagName>a!z,]O!2këÎ!</tagName>
<alpha>255</alpha>
</layer>
<layer>
<tagName>a!z,]O!4ÅëÎ!</tagName>
<alpha>255</alpha>
</layer>
<layer>
<tagName>a!z,]O!5këÎ!</tagName>
<alpha>255</alpha>
</layer>
<layer>
<tagName>a!z,]O!5ÝëÎ!</tagName>
<alpha>255</alpha>
</layer>
<layer>
<tagName>a!z,]O!6JëÎ!</tagName>
<alpha>255</alpha>
</layer>
<layer>
<tagName>a!z,]O!6{ëÎ!</tagName>
<alpha>255</alpha>
</layer>
<layer>
<tagName>a!z,]O!6ÍëÎ!</tagName>
<alpha>255</alpha>
</layer>
<layer>
<tagName>a!z,]O!6ÕëÎ!</tagName>
<alpha>255</alpha>
</layer>
<layer>
<tagName>a!z,]O!6ÝëÎ!</tagName>
<alpha>255</alpha>
</layer>
<layer>
<tagName>a!z5,O!#l!5!</tagName>
<alpha>255</alpha>
</layer>
<layer>
<tagName>a!zJ_Ò!!æ!5!</tagName>
<alpha>255</alpha>
</layer>
</layersOver3D>
</renderSettings>
</at5>

Satelite image on HDS screen 7 years 4 months ago #2932

• Matt
Mats,
My understanding is that there can only be one at5.xml, and it must be at the root (although not sure on that part).
You would need to generate all of your vector components at once, to create the file.

Having said that, I have successfully merged at5.xml files in the past, but I do know that this is unsupported and can lead to bad things, as there is no guarantee that the tags will be unique across files..

Matt

Satelite image on HDS screen 7 years 4 months ago #2935

• Mats
Matt,
I erased all other charts from my SD card and put the remaining stuff (at5.xml, Large.at5 and made a ShadedRelief folder for the raster data) in the root, and bang, it worked right away.

This is a bit strange, because it worked well to make subfolders and put a lot of different map projects on the same SD card before I also used the background raster data.

And Greg also writes in the IMC manual, Appendix A, that for the HDS units any folder on the SD card will do.

So apparently, something messes things up when you combine this with the raster data. I will try some different combinations and report back.

//Mats

Satelite image on HDS screen 7 years 4 months ago #2936

• Matt
I think you can have as many at5 files as you like, but just a single at5.xml. I'm not sure if the location of that xml file matters..

Satelite image on HDS screen 7 years 4 months ago #2937

• Mats
Apparently it does. I tried to put one single map including the at5.xml file into a folder, and it did not work. I only got the ISO lines and the background image.

Then I put the at5.xml file in the root and then several maps into different folders (without any individual at5.xml files), and it also worked.

So, in what way are the at5.xml files unique relative the different Large.at5 files?
Would it be ok to just have one general at5.xml file in the root and several Large.at5 files, or could this mess up things?
What does the <tagname> in the at5.xml file actually refer to?

Another thing I noticed is that the islands are still colored in solid yellow. the background image does not show through the islands outlines. Not even when I put the files on the SD card by the book. Any idea?

//Mats

Satelite image on HDS screen 7 years 4 months ago #2938

• Matt
Mats,
Greg can give you a more authoritative answer than I can, but I believe that each tag in an at5.xml file refers to a particular polygon in the .at5 files. The at5.xml file holds information about whether the polygon renders over the raster, and opacity information. Since the xml file is created at the same time as the at5 files, this kind of implies that you must create a single at5 map containing all of your vector components, and use the single resulting at5.xml file. One thing I have tried, that worked - but is not recommended either by me or Greg - is to create a single at5.xml file by hand, which is the concatenation of all of the individual at5.xml files (for each at5 map). Creating a single at5 map file is a better idea, and easier.

Matt
SCROLL TO TOP