Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: GPSMapedit as a graphical front-end for the IMC

GPSMapedit as a graphical front-end for the IMC 6 years 2 months ago #919

• gpiverson
fjordfisher wrote:
Great Trevor!

The only problem is, that not all lakes/waters result in serviceable shadow relief for background, especially not small and monotonous lakes.

Which setting (transparency and shadow relief) have You used?

Best wishes
fjordfisher

Question to GPIVERSON: is there a chance, that we user anytime can use own charts in 3D (not only in pseudo 3D as in HDS Gen2 touch units)?
Thanks for answer!

At this time, there's no plan to put this functionality within the IMC application.

The main reason for this is the complexity of managing stacking DEM grids and being able to identify the specific processing instructions for each of those would be difficult to maintain in a simplified UI. At the moment, all processing on DEMs is left out of the IMC and internally we have to manage this through a customized settings language.

For example, with land based data sets like NED, SRTM, Aster, and GTopo, all water is represented as 0 depth. Without a shape record to define the extents of this land and a classification of the data set, it would be impossible to know which grids to use in different cases. Practically, you would have NED covering a much lower resolution ETopo where ETopo would be considered your most detailed DEM for Oceans.
Last Edit: 6 years 2 months ago by gpiverson.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

GPSMapedit as a graphical front-end for the IMC 6 years 2 months ago #933

• fjordfisher
Thanks for grand explanation!

Best wishes
fjordfisher

GPSMapedit as a graphical front-end for the IMC 6 years 2 months ago #1000

• DannyGeysen
Trevor,

If we want additional icons in GME we have to modify ShpDefault.dat. Right?
But where do you get the typenumbers like 2050, 18176, 1026, etc...
Are there other steps required?

I would like to add green buoys for example.
Lowrance ProStaff

GPSMapedit as a graphical front-end for the IMC 6 years 2 months ago #1001

• AnglingCharts
Hi Danny,

Tools you will need.

1. GIMP graphic editor.
2. I base my numbers on the CGPSMapper manual list of Garmin objects, although they have now become customized somewhat. Obviously once you start editing away from a standard there will be no going back ! You can actually use whatever numbers you want but will run into problems when you start importing into GPSMapedit, or start using numbers that are already assigned to hard coded objects.

3. If you are not too desperate to get the buoys done tonight I can send you a preconfigured skin.

4. Create your graphic and save it as xpm format - as small as possible (16 x 16 for example)
5. Open in notepad and Copy the required part into the AnglingCharts skin
6. Assign a hex number in the skin
7. Include the decimal version of the hex number in the point section of shpdefault.dat - assigning layers, and icons as per the icon library.
8. Save the file,
9. Place your objects, assigning them levels accordingly, export your shps and build the chart.

I'm doing no tech support on this !!

T
http://www.anglingcharts.com/

Mucking about in boats

GPSMapedit as a graphical front-end for the IMC 6 years 2 months ago #1002

• AnglingCharts
I've sent Danny an "addon" with all the standard IALA (A) buoys. I'll be adding this to the skin shortly, and updating the dat file.

The reason I'd left them out was specifically because Matt is very careful to insist that RM must NOT be used as a Navigation aid, and sticking buoys on charts generated by RM turns the charts into something capable of being exactly that.

T

Mucking about in boats

GPSMapedit as a graphical front-end for the IMC 6 years 1 month ago #1144

• AnglingCharts

File Attachment:

File Name: ShpDefault...2-04.zip
File Size:4 KB

These are the latest shpdefault.dat and skinfiles for GME.

They have object types now for the Navico Hardness layers, and 6 levels of "blue" as well as vegetation layers.

The hardness layers are not yet represented in the MDL (the Navico Icon set) but have been submitted for inclusion. There is a new vegetation layer as well. Maybe Greg can give us an idea whe the new MDL will be available so that these hardness overlays will be useable.

I've had to change a few codes - but hey - it works and its free.

File Attachment:

File Name: AnglingCha...kin4.txt
File Size:61 KB

T

Mucking about in boats
Last Edit: 6 years 1 month ago by AnglingCharts.

GPSMapedit as a graphical front-end for the IMC 6 years 1 month ago #1191

• AnglingCharts
This is the latest shpdefault.dat, skin and also the MDL. You will need to replace your MDL (insightmapcreator.dat) with this one (you will need to rename it to insightmapcreator.dat). Make sure you save your old one somewhere safe.

The MDL has all the codes / icons you will need for the bottom hardness, and you'll find the bottom hardness objects in the skinfile. There are also vegetation and some colours to play with. All of the Navico objects all called "Navico xxxxx" so its easy to do a sort by hitting the bar at the top of each column.

There more new stuff here www.anglingcharts.com/downloads/essentiallowrancestuff.html

Please post some of your results ?

T
Attachments:

Mucking about in boats
Last Edit: 6 years 1 month ago by AnglingCharts.

GPSMapedit as a graphical front-end for the IMC 6 years 2 days ago #1599

• Xiphias
What application do you use to edit the MDL?

GPSMapedit as a graphical front-end for the IMC 6 years 2 days ago #1600

• gpiverson
Xiphias wrote:
What application do you use to edit the MDL?

For now, that functionality is limited to a beta version of the IMC application. It will be available on next release.

GPSMapedit as a graphical front-end for the IMC 5 years 9 months ago #2385

• vatibor
Hi

I try to ad icons to my map but eg. restaurant , gas statoin and some other can not be seen on elit5 emulater
and same with some navico polygons

I made a mistake or what

Thanks for help

GPSMapedit as a graphical front-end for the IMC 4 years 6 months ago #5781

• DannyGeysen
Hi Trevor,

It seems some attributes don't have the necessary length, when exported to IG Shapefiles. For example color seems to have a size of 1, although colors can range to 255 ( 3 digits).
This is a problem when I want to edit the .DBF-file with a CSV-editor. I can't change the color to 10 for example.
What could be done?

Lowrance ProStaff

GPSMapedit as a graphical front-end for the IMC 4 years 6 months ago #5789

• AnglingCharts
Leave it with me for a few days Danny, this is something being assigned by GPSMapedit by the looks of things. You may need to edit the dat file that GPSMapedit uses for its shapefile export - I havent looked at it for a few months but can let you know shortly, but its not a problem I have come across.

EDIT... I've just had a look and it may be that your export schema has been changed. The schema exports 3 figures in my version, If you only have one colour in the shapefile and it is 1 character long there is a possibilty that GME automatically sets the field length to 1. You could try changing (for example) "8" to "008" in the schema and see if that does the trick.

T

Mucking about in boats
Last Edit: 4 years 6 months ago by AnglingCharts.
SCROLL TO TOP

We use cookies to improve our website and your experience when using it. Cookies used for the essential operation of the site have already been set. To find out more about the cookies we use and how to delete them, see our Privacy Policy.

I accept cookies from this site