Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Linux?

Linux? 5 years 6 months ago #3204

• Herman
Hi,

I don't know if this is the right part of the forum, but I'll try!

Is there anyone using Linux with an Windows emulator to run RM? I just tried it om my Linux computer and used Wine to emulate Windows, but i couldn't get past the "approval of terms". So is there anyone who has gotten RM to work on an Linuc machine?

//H.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Linux? 5 years 6 months ago #3205

• Matt
Hi Herman,
We haven't tested RM on Linux, but I have had feedback from some other users in the past that ran into the same problem that you did. Our licensing code is provided by a third-party and does not appear to be compatible with Wine. Unfortunately, there is little that we can do about in the short term but I will chase it up with the company that writes the licensing module and see if there are any workarounds.

Matt

Linux? 5 years 6 months ago #3206

• Herman
Great! I use Linux on my old pc because it gave the computer new life, and I dont want to use my new in field, so thats why I hope for RM to be Linux compatible.

//H.

Linux? 4 years 9 months ago #5084

• kev
Hi Herman and Matt,

I've bought Reefmaster today and run into the same issue for the installer using the latest wine version 1.7.40.
Did you have a chance to ask the licensing company meanwhile?

It would be really great not to have to reboot into windows just for using Reefmaster. Especially as I'm working with linux the whole day and it can take some time importing the sonar logs into Reefmaster.

Kev

Linux? 4 years 8 months ago #5340

• sheikyerbouti
Same issue, just bumping the thread so Matt sees that there are others that would like to see this in the future.

Linux? 2 months 6 days ago #11413

• drinski
Linux???
SCROLL TO TOP

We use cookies to improve our website and your experience when using it. Cookies used for the essential operation of the site have already been set. To find out more about the cookies we use and how to delete them, see our Privacy Policy.

I accept cookies from this site