Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Sonar Viewer

Sonar Viewer 4 months 2 weeks ago #12495

• Bryanpf73
In the past, I have used the Reefmaster Sonar Viewer trial with no issues. I decided to purchase it and now it stays stuck on "Loading Sidescan". I am running an older Intel Xeon 6-core processor at 4ghz, 12 gigs ddr3 ram, Nvidia Geforce 1660Ti graphics card - Directx 12- latest drivers with a western digital blue solid state hard drive with Windows 10. I also use this pc for gaming as well(albeit on 1080p resolution), but it serves me well for everything I need. The part that is really fr=ustrating is that someone suggested the Waypoint Manager which also has the Sonar Viewer. This works correctly, but I paid more for the sonar viewer to be able to use Lowrance and Humminbird log files on two different computers. Since the waypoint manager - sonar viewer only supports Lowrance files, I am not able to use Humminbird log files.
Is there anything I can possibly try in order to get the Sonar Viewer to load sonar files?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Sonar Viewer 4 months 2 weeks ago #12497

• Matt
Your PC setup sounds as if it should be fine with respect to hardware graphics capability. Have you run the viewer on this same setup without issues before? Do you get the same issue with any file that you attempt to load? If possible, please run the Windows utility dxdiag (Windows RUN command, type dxdiag/enter). There is a button within dxdiag labelled "Save all information". Please press this and send the resulting file to This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. so that I can take a look.

Sonar Viewer 4 months 1 week ago #12516

• Bryanpf73
Thanks for trying to help. All is good now and working as intended.

Sonar Viewer 1 month 2 weeks ago #12611

• Sir_tob
Mine does great except for when trying to zoom one of the sonar viewer windows. As soon as I try to zoom one of the windows.. it's crashing. I can make do.. it's just slowing it down a bit reopening. Saving more often for sure.

Sonar Viewer 1 month 2 weeks ago #12612

• Sir_tob
I rebooted... then it continued to happen. I started changing the windows in the sonar viewer and as soon as I stopped using downscan as one of the windows it seemed to stop crashing. Hope that helps Matt. I'm also using Windows 10 on an HP. Can't remember which processor LOL...

Sonar Viewer 1 month 2 weeks ago #12613

• Matt
Have you noticed whether this happens with all of your sonar logs or just some? It might be something specific to a log - if so, it would be useful to see it so that I can try to reproduce the problem. If you are using Lowrance logs, the Waypoint Manager (which will work with your existing SV key) can also display the sonar and has a software-rendering mode if required. It would be interesting to try your logs in this as well to see if the problem persists. We will shortly be releasing a version of the WM that also supports HB logs.
SCROLL TO TOP