Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Spot depths plotting

Spot depths plotting 3 years 1 week ago #12046

• Snunn
Hi Matt et Al,

I am trying to plot into a project two hundred or so spot depths to improve the interpolation of a RM map in a large marina. Is there any way of getting a background image (which will have the actual current pontoon layout showing) in the Tracks and Boundaries edit window as opposed to just the Map View window, ie. change the global background to something that reflects the actual ground/surface detail? I have looked at the background map sources WMTS and HTTP but have not been able to easily find a solution here. GE image would be great, but GPS positioning every single point is not really an option.

Thanks to anyone who may have an idea of how to help.

Si
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Spot depths plotting 3 years 1 week ago #12047

• Matt
If you can get your background image as an MBTiles (e.g. using SAS Planet and Google Earth), then you can import it into the workspace as an image and have it show in the tracks & boundaries view of the map project - just make sure the image is visible in the background images list in the VIEW menu.

Spot depths plotting 3 years 1 week ago #12049

• Snunn
Hi Matt,

Thanks, that sounds like a plan. I will give it a go over the weekend and let you know how I get on.

Si.
SCROLL TO TOP