Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: REEFMASTER RUNNING ON MAC THRO Windows desktop

REEFMASTER RUNNING ON MAC THRO Windows desktop 1 year 10 months ago #11764

• Bwallis59
All - any one ever ran REEFMASTER on a Mac using something like Parallels ... or other Windows emulator for Mac?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

REEFMASTER RUNNING ON MAC THRO Windows desktop 1 year 10 months ago #11765

• WoodinvilleWalleye
Yes, I have had success with Sonar Viewer on both Parallels 16 (Home version) as well as VMWare Fusion 12. I just went through this today, and have the trial version of Sonar Viewer working great with either one. Parallels 15 may work as well as I think that was the first version of it that had DirectX 11 support. Needing DirectX 11 support is what I found to be crucial to getting it work. I was running VMWare Fusion 11.5 - which does not support DirectX 11 - and Sonar Viewer would load the files just fine, but then crash and exit.

As far as ReefMaster 2.0, I also am able to run it on the same versions of Parallels and Fusion. However, since I just downloaded it and haven't really found my way around it yet to try out all the features. I'm pretty sure that given Sonar Viewer worked on the latest VM software, I'd have to think ReefMaster would as well.

Hope that helps!

REEFMASTER RUNNING ON MAC THRO Windows desktop 1 month 2 weeks ago #12724

• ptg
I'm running RM 2.0 in my mac trough Paralells with no problem, except from an hang out from time to time (but I think this is usual under windows environment)
SCROLL TO TOP