Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Depth display incorrect?

Depth display incorrect? 2 weeks 2 days ago #11647

• danceswithbass
I downloaded the program yesterday (so as newbie as one can be), but I did have some SL2 files on a laptop and imported them and was mainly viewing the SideScan Mosaics of a small public shallow lake. I changed the metres to feet in all of the settings that I saw. What I want to use the program for is to find rock piles at various depths and mark those with waypoints, then export back to my HDS Live unit. But looking at this map, the contour lines depths are too shallow for how that spot on the lake is, and the real time as you move the mouse around depth at the bottom of the window is too deep vs reality. When I switch over to the Mosaic view, the GPS coords change when I move around, but the depth is stuck at 18.03 feet, which would prevent me from being able to do what I want to do when looking at side scan data to find rock in 20feet for example. Do I have a setting incorrect somewhere?

Second question is I would like to see an interesting rock pile on the mosaic, put the mouse there, and create a waypoint. Is that possible?
The administrator has disabled public write access.
SCROLL TO TOP

We use cookies to improve our website and your experience when using it. Cookies used for the essential operation of the site have already been set. To find out more about the cookies we use and how to delete them, see our Privacy Policy.

I accept cookies from this site