Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Using Reefmaster maps on different Lowrance units.

Using Reefmaster maps on different Lowrance units. 2 weeks 15 hours ago #11603

• bassologist
I have a Lowrance HDS Gen3 and a HDS Live that are networked through ethernet as well as NMEA. I made a Reefmaster contour map and a side scan mosaic and attempted to view them on both units. I could display the contour chart on both units, while the mosaic sidescan would only overlay on the contour map on the HDS Live, not the Gen 3, no matter which unit I had the microSD card in. Anyone have any suggestions? Thanks.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Using Reefmaster maps on different Lowrance units. 1 week 4 days ago #11608

• bassologist
bassologist wrote:
I have a Lowrance HDS Gen3 and a HDS Live that are networked through ethernet as well as NMEA. I made a Reefmaster contour map and a side scan mosaic and attempted to view them on both units. I could display the contour chart on both units, while the mosaic sidescan would only overlay on the contour map on the HDS Live, not the Gen 3, no matter which unit I had the microSD card in. Anyone have any suggestions? Thanks.

The information I noted above in incorrect. The sidescan overlay actually came from a previously recorded structure map that I made within the HDS Live. The sidescan mosaic from reefmaster will not display on HDS Gen 3 or Live. Lowrance structure maps are in the .smf file format. The side scan mosaic I created on RM was exported in the At5 format. Is this the reason it would not display? When a Lowrance structure map is displayed as an overlay, the souce of the map needs to be chosen in the menu. The only 2 options are " Live data" and "saved file". I believe that the structure map .smf that I was able to display was a "saved file" stored on the HDS hard drive. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
SCROLL TO TOP

We use cookies to improve our website and your experience when using it. Cookies used for the essential operation of the site have already been set. To find out more about the cookies we use and how to delete them, see our Privacy Policy.

I accept cookies from this site