Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Larger Mosaic Crash

Larger Mosaic Crash 2 months 5 days ago #11531

• Micah Tindall
So have about 300 acre lake fully mapped for a work project. Here lately, it takes multiple tries, if it loads it all, to bring up the mosaic that I built. I get this, error message (attached). I love this program, but I really need to figure out a way around this. The next lake i need to map is 2000 acres. I'm having concerns if the program can handle it or maybe its a computer issue. I'll take any advice at this point.
Attachments:
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Larger Mosaic Crash 2 months 5 days ago #11532

• Matt
That is an error related to hardware graphics, and my guess is that you may be running out of resources. Could you please run the Windows utility dxdiag from the Windows Run window, click the option "save all information" and send the resulting file to This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. so that I can take a look?

A couple of potential workarounds:
1. Split the mosaic into smaller parts and combine exported output.
2. Turn off hardware graphics acceleration (global settings window) and use the software rendering fallback. Software rendering mode doesn't try to load sonar imagery when zoomed out, so doesn't suffer the same resource issues that the hardware rendering can.

Larger Mosaic Crash 2 months 4 days ago #11533

• Micah Tindall
did you receive my email?
SCROLL TO TOP

We use cookies to improve our website and your experience when using it. Cookies used for the essential operation of the site have already been set. To find out more about the cookies we use and how to delete them, see our Privacy Policy.

I accept cookies from this site