Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Water level offset

Water level offset 2 months 3 weeks ago #11515

• TJ
Anyone having problems with this? When I change the water level depth offset number in the project window, nothing happens. It also does not change the color of the "generate map" tab, though all other changes in the project window turn the tab from green to tan, indicating the need to re-generate the map. Doesn't matter if I'm in the "map view" or "tracks and boundaries" view.

When I generate the map, it doesn’t change the water level. Am I missing something? Although I've successfully used it in the past to create my AT5 charts for various water levels, I’ve had this problem randomly in the past as well. It just seems very difficult to get the water level offset to “take.”

In the screenshots, you an see where I changed the water level offset box, but the "generate map" tab didn't change colors or respond. Neither did my depth contours.
Attachments:
Last Edit: 2 months 3 weeks ago by TJ. Reason: clarity
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Water level offset 2 months 2 weeks ago #11517

• Matt
I'll keep looking into this. I've never been able to reproduce the problem locally, which makes fixing it tougher, but there is obviously something going on here that isn't right..

Water level offset 2 months 2 weeks ago #11518

• TJ
I did another run tonight and did two things different. First, I set all my project settings (smoothing, contour interval, major/minors, interpolation, etc) including the water level offset, before I defined the map area in the project. I had been doing this after defining the map area.

Second, I ran only CSV data instead of existing CSV data plus any newly added sl files. So all new files were converted to CSV and then reloaded into the asset list so that it was 1500 CSV files only. (Ya, I have a lot of data!)

Not sure which of these made the difference, or if it was something else entirely, but the water level offset was correct when I generated the first map. Each time I changed the water level offset number for subsequent map updates, the change took effect. The "generate map" tab turned tan each time I changed the number, green when finished.

So, fixed for now . . . !!!
Last Edit: 2 months 2 weeks ago by TJ. Reason: grammar
SCROLL TO TOP

We use cookies to improve our website and your experience when using it. Cookies used for the essential operation of the site have already been set. To find out more about the cookies we use and how to delete them, see our Privacy Policy.

I accept cookies from this site