Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: reefmaster changes file time stamp

reefmaster changes file time stamp 3 months 3 weeks ago #11487

• rm1664
Hi All,

I am using Humminbird Helix 10 to create files for process in RM.
I have done this successfully multiple times so this problem is really annoying. If you see in my attachments, when loading the files they have the correct time stamps (all recorded in the same afternoon).
However when they are viewed in the workspace, only one has the correct details and with one showing much later in the day and the final as 01/01/1970 !

Has anyone seen this before? Clearly this means i can adjust them all for tide which is a real pain. Not sure if it is related but they are also missing the Side imagery file ?

Any help would be greatly appreciated- Thanks!
Attachments:
The administrator has disabled public write access.

reefmaster changes file time stamp 3 months 2 weeks ago #11490

• Matt
Unfortunately we don't get absolute log start times from the log files. Instead we have to use the last modified time and subtract the length of the log to arrive at an approximate start time. This often works well, but sometimes it doesn't, and it can fail for a variety of reasons. If you want to share you set of logs, then please zip them up (.DAT file and sub-folder of same name + contents) and share using a file-sharing service, sending link to This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. .
It is often more reliable to take a note of the start time (e.g. drop a waypoint when starting a log) and then updating the start time of the track within ReefMaster after import.

reefmaster changes file time stamp 3 months 2 weeks ago #11492

• rm1664
Matt,

Thanks for the reply- i did not know you could adjust the time of the sonar file after it has been imported into RM!?
I have just done this manually and it has worked perfectly.
Easy and quick fix- thank you!
SCROLL TO TOP

We use cookies to improve our website and your experience when using it. Cookies used for the essential operation of the site have already been set. To find out more about the cookies we use and how to delete them, see our Privacy Policy.

I accept cookies from this site