Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Matching map views for track point editing

Matching map views for track point editing 4 months 4 weeks ago #11457

• Huddo
I often find it necessary to delete unwanted data points which are distorting the maps I am creating. I can see the areas in the map view where editing is required but I have not found an easy way to locate the particular data points in the tracks & boundaries view that need to be deleted to tidy up my map.

Is there a way to either synchronize the Tracks & Boundaries view with the Map view or to readily show the tracks points on the map view? If not, I could post a request for this as a possible software enhancement.

Can anyone help please?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Matching map views for track point editing 4 months 3 weeks ago #11463

• Matt
Sorry for the late reply - just catching up post Christmas.

We don't have any built-in way to match tracks and map view, but it is an interesting suggestion - I will think about it.
In the mean time there are some tricks that might help.

First up, you can drop a waypoint on your problem area which you will then see in the tracks view. If the bad data point(s) are not obvious, it is often useful to adjust the displayed depth range of the track so that any differences in depth colours become more obvious. You can do this by adjusting the min/max depth sliders under the "Tracks" section of the project edit panel. If you want to use the filter button to remove any track-points outside of the selected range, you can pre-select an area within the tracks boundary first using the region-select mouse mode. This will limit the filter operation to within the selected area. It might be the case that one particular track is causing the issue, in which case right-clicking on a bad track-point and selecting "Edit track" will take you to the edit window for that individual track. Removing bad track-points here, without other tracks getting in the way, might be easier. The same depth range and filter operations can be used.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
SCROLL TO TOP

We use cookies to improve our website and your experience when using it. Cookies used for the essential operation of the site have already been set. To find out more about the cookies we use and how to delete them, see our Privacy Policy.

I accept cookies from this site