Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Exporting Sidescan point data

Exporting Sidescan point data 2 months 1 week ago #11406

• azettlermann
I'm wondering if there is a way to export the sidescan point data using ReefMaster 2.0. I have the software and can visualize the sidescan data. I can also export the depth data as a .csv but I'd like to be able to export the sidescan data as well.
It seems possible, such as the python code below, but I'm having trouble getting that code to work and am wondering if there's a way to do this in ReefMaster.
dbuscombe-usgs.github.io/PyHum/

Thanks
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Exporting Sidescan point data 2 months 1 week ago #11409

• dan-erik
I didn't look what that python script does, and I'm not sure what you mean by "point data". But if you export the sidescan mosaic to mdlayer or whatever it's called, you can import that into QGIS as a georeferenced raster. In QGIS there are functions to extract points from rasters, so that you could get the amplitude of an echo at a location as a point that is georeferenced. This could then be exported as a CSV. Actually, you could probably export to CSV straight from the raster too, or at least an ASCII format.

That is what I would do, if I understood correctly what you aim at getting, but then again I just recently started using ReefMaster so maybe there is an easier way of getting it from within the ReefMaster software?
Last Edit: 2 months 1 week ago by dan-erik.

Exporting Sidescan point data 2 months 1 week ago #11411

• azettlermann
I've exported those files. And it's exporting the data as a color raster, so the point data you get is just a color. What I'm trying to figure out is if there's a way to get the depth data from the sidescan.
Thanks for the idea.

Exporting Sidescan point data 2 months 1 week ago #11412

• Anton76
If you mean point cloud i.e. array of the coordinates and corresponding depths then it cannot be done using RM.
And you should take into account that such a data is only available for StructureScan 3D logs, so if you are using 3-in-1 or TotalScan transducer then you don't have such a data at all.
SCROLL TO TOP

We use cookies to improve our website and your experience when using it. Cookies used for the essential operation of the site have already been set. To find out more about the cookies we use and how to delete them, see our Privacy Policy.

I accept cookies from this site