Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Exporting track as shapefile

Exporting track as shapefile 2 weeks 4 days ago #11390

• Dagnino
Hi there! My name is Ricardo writing from Argentina. It´s been a few days I started using RM, after I could afford to buy the license.

Working with Lowrance sonarlogs its a new experience for me. Used to have Garmin, but with the update issue I couldn´t use my charts.

He goes my question.

I tried to export the track as shapefile from RM to gpsmapedit. As you can see in the pictures attached every is fine. But I would like to know if there is any setting in RM that allows me to get the depth values with less decimals numbers, so I don´t have to edit each point after manually.

Thanks in advance!
Regards
Attachments:
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Exporting track as shapefile 2 weeks 4 days ago #11391

• Matt
Depths are exported as numeric (double) types in the Shapefile, so it doesn't really make sense for us to round the figures beforehand. I'm not familiar with GPSMapEdit, but the number of decimal places you display for a value is really a display issue and needs to be handled by the application that is ultimately presenting this data. Is there some way to set a default display precision in the application you are using?
The administrator has disabled public write access.
SCROLL TO TOP

We use cookies to improve our website and your experience when using it. Cookies used for the essential operation of the site have already been set. To find out more about the cookies we use and how to delete them, see our Privacy Policy.

I accept cookies from this site