Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Database is Read Only

Database is Read Only 5 days 7 hours ago #11359

• User3204
Hi there,

I'm having the following issues with our new Reefmaster 2 install on Windows 10:

1. "You do not have permission to write to the current workspace. Try running Reefmaster as an Administrator (right click, Run as Administrator) or modifying the secrity attibutes of the workspace .rmdb file
-I checked the folder where the rm2db file is(there is no rmdb file) and the user has write access to the folder and the file so I'm confused.
-If I run the program as administrator it does work, but the network drives don't appear because in Windows 10 running it as Administrator runs it under the Administrator account which may have different network drives

Thanks in advance
Attachments:
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Database is Read Only 5 days 6 hours ago #11360

• Matt
So the workspace file is on a network drive? This is probably not a good idea for a few reasons; speed and the possibility of more than one user opening this workspace database at the same time, which it is not designed for.
If you have to store the workspace database on a network drive, check for read/write/create/delete permissions, all of which will be required as sqlite will create temporary files during database transactions.
How are you specifying the workspace file location? UNC path (with leading \\) or through a mapped drive? If the former, try mapping a drive letter to see if that changes things.

Database is Read Only 5 days 6 hours ago #11361

• User3204
Regarding the Workspace File on a Network drive, speed is fine, this is only installed on one computer.

Permissions for the folder allow all those you mentioned, so I think the only solution is to run as admin and since W10 runs "things that are run as admin" under the actual Administrator account which is why the network drives are missing, as they are not currently mapped under that account.

Database is Read Only 5 days 1 hour ago #11364

• Matt
Is this happening with the demo workspace, or with a new workspace that was created by the account in question?

Database is Read Only 5 days 1 hour ago #11365

• User3204
It's a new workspace. Maybe this is one of those applications that just needs to be run as Administrator even when the user's account is already a member of the Administrators group?
SCROLL TO TOP

We use cookies to improve our website and your experience when using it. Cookies used for the essential operation of the site have already been set. To find out more about the cookies we use and how to delete them, see our Privacy Policy.

I accept cookies from this site