Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: CREATING MAPS WITH DIFFERENT LEVELS OF RESOLUTION

CREATING MAPS WITH DIFFERENT LEVELS OF RESOLUTION 1 year 10 months ago #11238

• SkunkApe
I'm trying to reduce the overall size of the bathymetric maps I'm creating to fit on a 32GB card. The source imagery is typically high resolution, however the majority of the areas within the map are not considered to be 'areas of interest'. I would like to create a map where I could set the majority of the map to a Minimum Resolution of 1 while displaying specific areas of interest within the map at a higher resolution like .125 or .0625. Creating the entire map with a Minimum Resolution set to .125 results in rather large file sizes and takes a long time to generate.

Is it possible to export the entire area with a Minimum Resolution of 1 then create smaller higher resolution maps of the areas of interest with a Minimum Resolution set to .125 or .0625, then combine the files from multiple at5 export onto file that represents one map with multiple levels of resolution?

Thank you.
Last Edit: 1 year 10 months ago by SkunkApe.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

CREATING MAPS WITH DIFFERENT LEVELS OF RESOLUTION 1 year 10 months ago #11268

• Matt
Sorry for the late reply on this one. I think the answer, unfortunately, is no. Since you can only display a single raster map at one time, and rasters are exported as a single resolution, then the whole map will have the same resolution. It might be possible to do something with multiple raster maps, with a small area stored as a separate map with higher resolution, but I would have to look into this further.

CREATING MAPS WITH DIFFERENT LEVELS OF RESOLUTION 1 year 10 months ago #11283

• SkunkApe
Okay, thanks for the response.
SCROLL TO TOP