Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: 1 value tide correction used instead of tide curve

1 value tide correction used instead of tide curve 1 week 5 days ago #10879

• Hamish
Hi. I am trying to correct the bathymetric data using a tidal station. The tide station has temporally coincident data with my bathymetric data. However when the tidal correction is applied a single value (in this case -0.14m) is applied to the entire dataset, not the correct temporal tide value. The attached images illustrate that for both points the tide correction is listed as -0.14m. The second location tide correction value should be -0.08m. For other lines in this workspace the tidal correction was applied correctly. Does anyone have any possible ideas as to the problem?
Thank you.

The administrator has disabled public write access.

1 value tide correction used instead of tide curve 1 week 5 days ago #10880

• Matt
Hard to say where the problem is without more information, but the most likely is probably a timing issue. If the 0.14 correction is at the beginning or end of your tide correction data then that value will persist ("last value interpolation") when correcting all points before or after the time period covered by the correction data. If you want to share your workspace (rm2db) file to This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. I can take a look.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
SCROLL TO TOP

We use cookies to improve our website and your experience when using it. Cookies used for the essential operation of the site have already been set. To find out more about the cookies we use and how to delete them, see our Privacy Policy.

I accept cookies from this site