Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Keeping laptop and desktop projects concurrent RM2

Keeping laptop and desktop projects concurrent RM2 1 month 2 weeks ago #10833

• Snunn
Hi (Matt),

I am just in the process of evaluating RM2 which is looking very good. I currently partially process recorded live data on my laptop at sea but it is obviously much easier to complete working on projects on the big screen on the desktop at home. I am assuming that I need to copy and paste over the entire project folder containing the .rm2db file which will therefore include the background image files etc? And will any new tracks that are part of a project have to be individually exported across as well or are they embedded in the .rm2db file?

Then I assume reverse all or part of the process to make the final updated look available on the laptop.

Thanks in anticipation,

Si
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Keeping laptop and desktop projects concurrent RM2 1 month 2 weeks ago #10834

• Matt
The workspace (rm2db) file will contain track information, including position and depth required for making bathymetric maps. Copying this file back and forth is all that is required to keep map projects in sync if all they contain is generated components (isobaths, contours etc).
If you want to view sonar logs or use sidescan mosaic, then the original sonar log files are required, and these must be in the same relative disk position on both computers - e.g. if you store sonar logs in C:\Sonar Logs on one machine, then this should be replicated on the other and the files within each should be kept in sync. The same applies for any image (.mbtiles) files that are used as backgrounds or as map image layers.

Keeping laptop and desktop projects concurrent RM2 2 weeks 1 day ago #10870

• Conrad_Turbo
I'm not an expert. But I have put all my track data and the workspace file onto dropbox, both of which are synced between my laptop and desktop. Both instances of Reefmaster point to the same workspace file, it eliminates the need to copy and move a file back and forth and makes it pretty seamless.
SCROLL TO TOP

We use cookies to improve our website and your experience when using it. Cookies used for the essential operation of the site have already been set. To find out more about the cookies we use and how to delete them, see our Privacy Policy.

I accept cookies from this site