Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Creating routes

Creating routes 4 months 2 weeks ago #10831

• Secojoe
I am upgrading my boat to include a Motorguide Xi5 trolling motor networked to my Lowrance chartplotter. The trolling motor should follow routes from the Lowrance unit. I wish to create routes on my computer using Reefmater or Reefmaster generated AT5 maps. I have not found any features in Reefmaster that would help (yet). I have Insight Planner, but it seems the route locations change with zoom which does not instill confidence. Any help??
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Creating routes 1 week 6 days ago #11123

• tampafinz
Secojoe, did you ever figure out a solution? I am trying to do the same thing.

Creating routes 1 week 5 days ago #11125

• Mark Meierotto
Try creating your path in Google Earth using the add path tool. This can be exported from GE by right clicking and using the "save as" command. Save as .kml file and convert into .gpx with GPS Babble. Reefmaster can now import this file. I tried this and imported it as a layer that was visible on the project. GPS Babble also will convert the .kml file into a .usr route file.

So if you need Lowrance .usr format it looks like a copy of Insight Planner is useful.

www.youtube.com/results?search_query=insight+planner
Last Edit: 1 week 4 days ago by Mark Meierotto.
SCROLL TO TOP

We use cookies to improve our website and your experience when using it. Cookies used for the essential operation of the site have already been set. To find out more about the cookies we use and how to delete them, see our Privacy Policy.

I accept cookies from this site