Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Active Imaging .sl3

Active Imaging .sl3 1 year 8 months ago #10692

• Fishton
I recently got to try the Active Imaging on the mew Lowrance Live 12" and I can tell you the result is nothing short of amazing!

However, when I process it through ReefMaster, it looks no different to the old LSS-2.

I am leaning towards the conclusion that most of the 'magic' is happening in the post processing of the unit, and not from the 'raw data' coming from the actual transducer.

Anybody got any ideas on this?

Active Imaging .sl3 1 year 8 months ago #10693

• Anton76
Hello John!

I am currently trying to get more information about new Lowrance transducer - definitely I will buy one finally :) But still want to know more before that.
Is it possible to share the SL3-file along with some screenshot from the display?

Thank you.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Active Imaging .sl3 1 year 8 months ago #10694

• Fishton
Hi Anton,

No problem, pop in to my Facebook pages and YouTube channel.

FishTec Lowrance
John Easton
Trollfury

Active Imaging .sl3 1 year 8 months ago #10695

• Anton76
Thank you, John. Have just checked out your HDS Live video - looks very impressive, especially mosaic window.
If you are able to put somewhere .sl3 file - it would be just great.

As regards post-processing - final picture is always a result of such a things, but why in this case it cannot be saved in log file - it's a question.

Active Imaging .sl3 1 year 7 months ago #10707

• DannyGeysen
Fishton wrote:
I recently got to try the Active Imaging on the mew Lowrance Live 12" and I can tell you the result is nothing short of amazing!

However, when I process it through ReefMaster, it looks no different to the old LSS-2.

I am leaning towards the conclusion that most of the 'magic' is happening in the post processing of the unit, and not from the 'raw data' coming from the actual transducer.

Anybody got any ideas on this?

That is correct John. At this moment, I even have better results In Reefmaster with sidescan images from the old LSS-1 compared to the new active scan transducer. Strange, but it is true. Maybe Matt still has fo find the 'key' to get bettter results with the Active Imaging?
Lowrance ProStaff

Active Imaging .sl3 1 year 7 months ago #10708

• craigm
I don't have the new tech yet (and winter is setting in here so I won't be doing any on the water testing for a while yet)....but....how does the quality look when you replay a sonar log that you recorded on your unit?

Could the issue relate to what is being recorded when the sonar log file is created? (as opposed to Reefmaster's ability to extract from it)
Last Edit: 1 year 7 months ago by craigm.

Active Imaging .sl3 1 year 7 months ago #10709

• DannyGeysen
craigm wrote:
I don't have the new tech yet (and winter is setting in here so I won't be doing any on the water testing for a while yet)....but....how does the quality look when you replay a sonar log that you recorded on your unit?

Could the issue relate to what is being recorded when the sonar log file is created? (as opposed to Reefmaster's ability to extract from it)

Well, this last one is a question I did ask myself too. There must be some compression I guess in the recordings. Is it lossy of lossless? When starting to use the HDS Live and Active Imaging transducer, I replayed some sonarlogs on the unit itself, to take screenshots. But often I was disappointed by the quality of those screenshots. Nowadays, I take screenshots when being on the water rightaway. It seems to give me better results. Is it true? Or is it only in my imagination? At this moment i really don't know.
Lowrance ProStaff

Active Imaging .sl3 1 year 7 months ago #10711

• Fishton
Such a pity

Active Imaging .sl3 1 year 7 months ago #10714

• Matt
I would be very interested in seeing a comparison of a "live" Live screen shot with a playback (either on unit or in RM). I would like to see the nature of the processing differences so if anyone has a good example that they can post (or email) that would be great.

Active Imaging .sl3 1 year 7 months ago #10716

• Fishton
Here is a screen recording on a HDS Live 12

Active Imaging .sl3 1 year 7 months ago #10717

• Fishton
Here is a log using Active Imaging on a HDS Live 12

www.dropbox.com/s/nvd12kwvjp00fxf/Sonar_...30_09.47.07.sl3?dl=0

Active Imaging .sl3 1 year 6 months ago #10780

• Team Colibri
Here is one using 3 in 1 on HDS 7 Live.
drive.google.com/file/d/14Zvc83aeNVkdKMB...RR/view?usp=drivesdk
  • Page:
SCROLL TO TOP

We use cookies to improve our website and your experience when using it. Cookies used for the essential operation of the site have already been set. To find out more about the cookies we use and how to delete them, see our Privacy Policy.

I accept cookies from this site