Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Hardware Graphics Acceleration requirements.

Hardware Graphics Acceleration requirements. 3 years 1 month ago #10219

• Crow
Hi there,

I run RF 2.0.38 on Win10 64bit with DirectX_12 geared by "Intel HD Graphic 2000" gfx chipset.
Dxdiag shows that DirectX have acceleration enabled [DirectDraw, Direct3D, texturing AGP].

I am confused because my RF runs without HW accel support [disabled some SideScan options and slow SS viewing].
How to debug my issue ? What are requirements for use Hardware Graphics Acceleration by RF?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Hardware Graphics Acceleration requirements. 3 years 2 weeks ago #10255

• Crow
After a deep search i made, it seems that to support HW Acceleration it's required one of this graphic cards with GPU [or other device] supporting OpenCL or CUDA and/or paired with CPU supporting additional instruction SSE2/4 or so...

See more details on supporing platforms: www.khronos.org/conformance/adopters/conformant-products/opencl

Hardware Graphics Acceleration requirements. 3 years 2 weeks ago #10256

• Matt
The requirement is hardware support for Dirext 10.1 or above. There are two different levels of DirectX support, software (API) and hardware. Although it is likely you have software support for v12, you probably don't have the required hardware support given that HD2000 integrated graphics is a very low performance unit.

Hardware Graphics Acceleration requirements. 1 month 2 weeks ago #12045

• Browndirt38
Matt,
I am getting ready to buy a new laptop just for reefmaster. What do i need to be the maxium benefits from reefmaster as far as enhance side scan and the hardware graphics accelertion. I am not an apple guy. Just need some guidance on this purchase.

Thanks

Jason

Hardware Graphics Acceleration requirements. 1 month 2 weeks ago #12048

• Matt
Although RM uses hardware graphics for track, sidescan and sonar views, it doesn't really need a "high end" graphics card to do it - the performace will be much improved over software rendering, even if using integrated laptop graphics - e.g. Intel HD. The bottom line is that just about any laptop you buy now will support hardware graphics for RM (DirectX10.1 or later), although we have had some compatibiltiy with AMD cards in the past, so by choice I would stick to Intel integrated or, if going the discrete graphics card route, NVidia. If you are processing large sidescan mosaics, or lots of sonar logs, then it might be worth getting a laptop with a discrete card, but you don't need anything too full on!

Hardware Graphics Acceleration requirements. 1 month 1 week ago #12053

• Browndirt38
Thanks for your help. And keep up the great work yall are doing with reefmaster.

Jason
Last Edit: 1 month 1 week ago by Browndirt38. Reason: mispell
SCROLL TO TOP