Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: how to display old georeferenced map with overlay

how to display old georeferenced map with overlay 3 years 3 weeks ago #9385

• DAVES
matt
I am trying to display on HDS ...
..an old paper map that I have already georeferenced then ran thru imc as raster map I placed this in Shaded relief.
1-now what I want to do is to overlay on top of this map either isobaths or shaded relief map color of depths and depth labels
I have constructed a map in RM with recorded logs and then processed in RM, I have tried various outputs not cant seem to get it right
can you suggest a workflow or settings that will procuce this?
so far I can get the old map background with just black contour lines overlayed...
or old map with just color depths but no black contour lines or depth labels
I have tried so many times with unexpected results that now I am confused as to whether I should use isobaths or shaded relief
<*)))><
The administrator has disabled public write access.

how to display old georeferenced map with overlay 3 years 3 weeks ago #9386

• Matt
Mixing separate raster layers (your pre-processed image and an RM shaded relief export) isn't going to work on the unit. If you want to do this, you need to combine your images within ReefMaster first. What I would suggest is importing your georeferenced map into RM and adding to your project as an image layer (just drag the image over to the map view of your map project). Then adjust ordering/opacity as required and export the whole lot from RM. Remove the old shaded relief from your SD card as well. THis should also work OK with isoabths instead of SR - just configure your map layers as you want to see them on the unit (e.g. isobaths on top of georeferenced image, with partial transparency) and export. The advantage of using isobaths is that you could then turn them off within the unit using chart categories.

how to display old georeferenced map with overlay 3 years 2 weeks ago #9389

• DAVES
matt,
that worked great for the old georeferenced map and depth highlight works as well...
now new issue I cant seem to get hardness to display correctly
do I have to I run it thru as a separate map and change name ? ( I assume that hardness is a vector layer?)
ps bottom hardness shows up in categories menu on unit but if I select it the colors display incorrect
or am I layering the z order incorrect or something
DS
Attachments:
<*)))><

how to display old georeferenced map with overlay 3 weeks 16 hours ago #11634

• MarsArtis
very interesting topic.

I would ask for some suggestions:
Once the old map is georeferenced (let's say in Qgis) it should be exported as MBtile to be better handled in RM.
What should be the optimal settings for Minimum Zoom, Maximum Zoom, DPI and Metatile size?
Attachments:

how to display old georeferenced map with overlay 2 weeks 6 days ago #11636

• Matt
DPI you should leave as 96, Min zoom you could also probably leave at 12, depending on the size of your map, and maybe try 20 for maximum zoom, which is what we use when exporting MBTiles from ReefMaster. You could potentially increase this if your source bitmap is very high resolution - every increase in zoom level by one will give you 2x the resolution and 4x as many tiles in the next layer. The meta tile size is probably not something you need to worry about - I believe this is only used when rendering MBTiles tiles, and is more applicable to vector based maps.
SCROLL TO TOP

We use cookies to improve our website and your experience when using it. Cookies used for the essential operation of the site have already been set. To find out more about the cookies we use and how to delete them, see our Privacy Policy.

I accept cookies from this site