Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: From TotalScan to 3in1

From TotalScan to 3in1 2 weeks 15 hours ago #11650

• MarsArtis
I'll be soon wetting my new EliteTi2+3in1 sounder which is replacing my precious EliteTi+TotalScan.

As said in the past I'll be mapping saltwater, quite torbid which will not be deeper than 20 meters.

Close to the shoreline the coast has rock nails and boulders that here and there make the depth suddenly raise up to 1 meter in certain spots.

For these reason I do prefer to set depth manually to a fixed depth (15 meters) instead of leaving AUTO. THIS to avoid unpleasant variations both on sonar/down image and in sideimaging in particular.

What are your thoughts about this?

Second question is about 3in1 performances over TotalScan.
With previous setup I had pretty nice SI on 455 using Deep water preset (as suggested by TeamColibri to make sounder issue a more powerful pulse than with other presets).
While 800 frequency gave clearer and sharper profiles of some underwater features but way too dark.

Can I expect better performances with 800 khz using 3in1 or should I keep using the 455 for side imaging purposes?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

From TotalScan to 3in1 1 week 1 day ago #11672

• DannyGeysen
You easily can double the range using 800 kHz compared to the Totalscan. I have seen really good screenshots with ranges up to 40 m (on 800 kHz)
Lowrance ProStaff

From TotalScan to 3in1 1 week 2 hours ago #11676

• MarsArtis
Right yesterday I went out for the first time with the new toy.

Have to say that 455 3in1 is far way better than TotalScan. Really clear and crisp images. Well contrasted and bright.
Left preset to General use and Auto to gain and 40 meters on the sides (max 15 meters depth)

About 800: used gain on Auto+2 but images resulted way too dark. Both at close distance and obviously on far end of the scan area.

Surface filters for both were off.

From TotalScan to 3in1 3 days 20 hours ago #11682

• MarsArtis
DannyGeysen wrote:
You easily can double the range using 800 kHz compared to the Totalscan. I have seen really good screenshots with ranges up to 40 m (on 800 kHz)

Shots made in fresh water or salt water?

From TotalScan to 3in1 3 days 17 hours ago #11683

• DannyGeysen
Fresh water.
Lowrance ProStaff
SCROLL TO TOP

We use cookies to improve our website and your experience when using it. Cookies used for the essential operation of the site have already been set. To find out more about the cookies we use and how to delete them, see our Privacy Policy.

I accept cookies from this site