Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Insight Planner update

Insight Planner update 6 years 3 months ago #5707

• skinnee
Does anyone know what is causing this issue.

Waypoints are in the right spot but the reefmaster output is stranger

Last Edit: 6 years 3 months ago by skinnee.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Insight Planner update 6 years 3 months ago #5714

• skinnee
Spent all weekend and still cant work out why insight planner is not showing the RM exported vector map correctly.

Anyone got any ideas what im missing here, waypoints are spot on but the map keeps showing in the clipped area on the left, not anywhere near the waypoints.

Insight Planner update 6 years 3 months ago #5716

• Team Colibri
Zoom in more.

Insight Planner update 6 years 3 months ago #5718

• skinnee
I was showing the issue - zooming right in the RM map never goes near the waypoints, that clipped box on the left just stays on the left and disappears at full zoom.

Insight Planner update 6 years 3 months ago #5720

• hermes
Skinnee, I had the same problem with c-map max-n charts and the window in the top left. Got really annoyed with the program as it then kept crashing if I zoomed in or out. That was even before trying to display rm charts!

Note: jpg shows older version of planner, but same happens in new one. The Insight planner help guys couldn't fix it, so I gave up in the end. Out of interest, are you using c-map charts ? And are you using it on a windows pc, or through an emulator like parallels?

Insight Planner update 6 years 3 months ago #5721

• skinnee
Hi Hermes,

Windows 8.2 64 bit laptop. Just trying to use reefmaster maps.

I'm happy I can import waypoints from google earth to make a route for pre map planning but annoyed I can't view the RM maps on there to see how they look before going on the unit.

I will wait for windows 10 and see of that changes anything (doubt it) and then log a support request.

Insight Planner update 6 years 3 months ago #5724

• Mats D
Same problem as Skinnee. It seems the program only will user the upper left part of the window to display the chart. The offset seems to make the waypoints to be out of position. The same problem with other charts, even with Insight Genesis' own Social Maps! The waypoint in the lower chart from Social Maps is a boat ramp that is actually at the very south end of the lake. Probably not a problem with Reefmaster.

Insight Planner update 6 years 3 months ago #5725

• skinnee
They must have stuffed something up - will wait for an update , reefmaster works perfectly but I can't create routes in reefmaster for setting up my mapping runs, unless I have missed something

Insight Planner update 6 years 3 months ago #5726

• Mats D
Some more on the same topic:
zooming in makes the waypoint move across the chart!

Same thing with the Social Map:

As evident from the last screenshot, these maps have the additional feature that they make Insight Planner crash once a certain zoom level has been reached. But that is a totally different matter ( I guess it has to do with the DRM of the Social Maps, they are only supposed to work on a specific plotter)

Insight Planner update 6 years 3 months ago #5727

• flaminghedgehog
Nice work Fjordfisher keep up the great work. I have just purchased Insight Planner and have a query. When I load my Navionics Platinum chart it appears as 2 separate charts. One with bathymetric data and one with navigation data. Is there any way to combine this data into 1 chart view as on my Simrad plotter?

Insight Planner update 6 years 3 months ago #5728

• Meggs1
I'm running a Win 8.1 64 bit notebook and don't have the problems that you guys have. Insight Planner isn't the best software but it does the job for me. It saves having to power up the HDS when I want to check what RM maps look like. The waypoints do move a bit when you zoom in and out but finish up in the correct location.

Here's one of my maps. I'm using different colours to show features identified by the structure scan. In the example below, dark red is large rocks, high ledges or man made structure and the magenta lines are lesser edges. The concentrated contours show a dredged shipping channel, with the magenta lines being marks left by the dredge. The dark red lines to the top right are a rock wall and a known wreck.

So if you can get IP working properly it is quite useful...

Insight Planner update 6 years 3 months ago #5729

• Mats D
Strange!
I too run Win 8.1 on a new 64 bit laptop.

However, it gives me hope that it works for some of us.

Could it be something with the graphics settings?
I do wish I understood computers better...

I sent a message to Navico support. Let's see what they have to say.

/Mats
SCROLL TO TOP