Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Lowrance Point 1 users...

Lowrance Point 1 users... 9 years 8 months ago #3101

• Meggs1
Any RM mappers out there using the Lowrance Point 1 system?

I can't really see how this would improve your mapping or sonar viewing. There are numerous claims in other forums, and to be honest, I'm confused.

Any comments would be welcome.

Thanks,
Meggs
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Lowrance Point 1 users... 9 years 8 months ago #3102

• DannyGeysen
Hi,

An external GPS-antenna is giving more accurate positions, if mounted on the best possible place.
(clear view to the sky and as close as possible, above the transducer)
The internal antenna of a unit seldom is in best place to give the best readings.

The heading sensor built into the Point1 however will immprove your fishing a lot, especially when drifting or moving very slowly or moving backwards (backtrolling) . And when casting to hospots that are not in the neighborhood of shore or islands. One of the best things I have mounted on my boat in the last years.
Lowrance ProStaff
Last Edit: 9 years 8 months ago by DannyGeysen.

Lowrance Point 1 users... 9 years 8 months ago #3106

• Meggs1
Thanks Danny - appreciate the feedback. I do some drift fishing so it looks like a good idea. Meggs

Lowrance Point 1 users... 9 years 8 months ago #3107

• DannyGeysen
So you can put both heading extension and course extension on. Brown and blue arrow on your sreen which is very useful when drifting.
Lowrance ProStaff

Lowrance Point 1 users... 9 years 8 months ago #3112

• Team Colibri
I use Point-1 as well, with all my HDS-units. I have it placed at the back of the boat, almost on top of my main ducer for logging (P66). The heading sensor is real nice, and since I have a cabinboat it also solved my initial issues with GPS loosing signal due to aluminium beams in the cabin. (Just two beams holding the windows in place, but that was enough to confuse the GPS.)

Remember to use a switch for powering the NMEA2000 network, if not it will drain your battery.
Last Edit: 9 years 8 months ago by Team Colibri.
SCROLL TO TOP