Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Logging depth and position with an android app

Logging depth and position with an android app 7 months 13 hours ago #11772

• reefrunner
Hi all

Would anyone have successfully managed to log data to put into RM using an app on an android tablet? If so, what app?

I will have NMEA 0183 depth and location from a sounder and GPS being sent via wifi to an android tablet. Navionics boating app will use this for sonarchart live. (I understand that navionics files cannot be used in RM; reefmaster.com.au/index.php/forum/suppor...6-navonics-app#10120)
At the same time (or on another tablet/phone) I would like to be logging the data for safekeeping and for use in RM.

There are a few potential apps to try but if this has been successfully done before I would appreciate any advice. I don't have a laptop.

Thanks!
reefrunner
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Logging depth and position with an android app 7 months 13 hours ago #11773

• Matt
I can't give you and advice on apps, but if you can record depth and position in a text file then you should be able to import that into ReefMaster without too many issues. The easiest way would be if you can record depth, lat, lon (and time, ideally, especially if you need to tide offset) in a csv file, but if you can record the raw NMEA0183 sentences then that should work as well.

Logging depth and position with an android app 6 months 4 weeks ago #11774

• reefrunner
Hi Matt
Thanks for that.
I will keep looking through the apps list to see what might work. NMEA Tools Pro looks promising.
If i get somewhere I will report back.

Logging depth and position with an android app 5 months 4 days ago #11826

• reefrunner
To close off this topic...
Ends up my furuno 620 that i was going to use for depth died so I had to buy a new sonar. So I bought one that will log sonar files, and therefore no longer need to try and log data on an app.

I tried NMEA Tools and it seems to convert GPS location data from a phone/tablet to NMEA 0183 sentences. I didn't try to stuff around with it or try the Pro version, but i don't think it was going to do what i wanted.
Cheers
SCROLL TO TOP