Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: 3d view in Google Earth

3d view in Google Earth 1 year 1 month ago #11551

• Triro
Hello, first of all, thank you for the work you have done with this program. Simply fabulous. I want to share 3D visualizations with other people and I don't know which is the best way. I have tried with Google Earth but the maps look flat. Is it possible to export a map in 3D and make it look in relief? As if it were a sketchup structure for example? Maybe with another program? Thank you
The administrator has disabled public write access.

3d view in Google Earth 1 year 2 weeks ago #11567

• SkunkApe
Sounds like you already know how to export your Reefmaster Shaded Relief layer as a Google Earth package then load it into Google Earth Pro to view. To achieve 3D visualization of the Shaded Relief layer in Google Earth, you’ll need to go to the layer’s Properties -> Attributes” tab then select ‘Clamp to Seafloor”. That with drape the image layer on the seafloor. If you have multiple layers stacked, sometime you have to play with the order in which they’re stacked to get it right. Here’s some help article about using altitudes in Google Earth Pro: support.google.com/earth/answer/148078?hl=en. Good Luck.

These are some examples of some recent Reefmaster projects I've exported to Google Earth Pro to view in 3D

Attachments:
Last Edit: 1 year 2 weeks ago by SkunkApe.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
SCROLL TO TOP