Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Using data from Deeper

Using data from Deeper 6 years 2 months ago #10026

• Charles1960
I've found out you only need to initial once when casting and retrieving, Iet's hope the Lowrance Fishunter is Reefmaster compatible as it appears more affordable..
Last Edit: 6 years 2 months ago by Charles1960.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Using data from Deeper 6 years 2 months ago #10039

• Team Colibri
Charles1960 wrote:
I've found out you only need to initial once when casting and retrieving, Iet's hope the Lowrance Fishunter is Reefmaster compatible as it appears more affordable..

As mentioned before, the internal GPS-reciver in Deeper is close to useless. So if you want good data for your Reefmaster-maps, then casting the Deeper will not work.

No, Lowrance FishHunter can not be used with Reefmaster, since there is no export-option with FishHunter. (I have both Pro and 3D.)

Using data from Deeper 6 years 2 months ago #10065

• SydGoFishing
The on-shore mode on the Deeper Pro+ is very limited. Firstly, the range from shore is limited to about 70m and not 100m as claimed. (Battery fully charged, latest android phone with good wi-fi and no wind). When casting there is a substantial waiting time before the GPS connects (green on app) and with a slight wind on a large dam it can not be accurately mapped (say by casting 10m apart to reference points on the opposite shore). I've used a line meter on the rod to get accurate distances - on Lakebook the measurement tool seems not to work?.

For competition fishing we need to cast in excess of 100m and a peg is drawn the morning of each competition - you have about half an hour to setup (casting the Deeper) at a particular spot. The Deeper will therefore have some use (obtaining drop-offs) if you fish a small pond or river not exceeding 70m. The best option would be to obtain data for a large dam at least a day or so in advance by using a kayak etc. For national competitions any dam access closes a week in advance and with influx of water the shore position often changes, so ideally it should be done during practice days or the morning of the start of competition.

The second problem with the Deeper app is that only some of the history maps upload to Lakebook. So far it seems that none of the Offshore mode obtained data don't upload - this was noticed when I left the app setting in Standard mode, which did upload to Lakebook. I've emailed Deeper directly (the local distributors in SA is clueless) about the manually uploading of data to Lakebook (there is no "initiate upload" on the app as suggested on the Lakebook "manual/instruction" ). It's now two weeks since the email and still no reply.

I've been trying to establish whether the upload problem is Cloud related although in the app or Lakebook instructions there are no specific mentioning about it. Also used the same email for Lakebook and app sign-in etc but can't get ALL data to upload. It would be pretty annoying spending a few hours on a dam and then not be able to upload data to Lakebook.

Maybe some of your guys have established why/how data can be uploaded to Lakebook? It may case it's not an auto process? Will be much appreciated if steps can be posted of how to ensure data is uploading to Lakebook....

Tight lines. Syd

Using data from Deeper 6 years 2 months ago #10075

• Team Colibri
I wrote an article on Deeper here:
teamcolibri.blogspot.no/2017/10/tested-d...t-sonar-pro.html?m=1

There are a few differences in how the app works on Android and IOS. I suspect one of those are uploading to the cloud. :) On ny IPhones (I have used 5,6,7 and IPad Mini with Deeper) I must manually choose what sonarlogs in the History-tab I wish to upload. I have never had any issues with that function.
Last Edit: 6 years 2 months ago by Team Colibri.

Using data from Deeper 6 years 2 months ago #10077

• SydGoFishing
I've used two different android phones in trying to upload data from the app to Lakebook. The uploading seems to be intermittent and in general only data files recorded in "standard mode" were uploading. If you tap + hold any of the data file tabs recorded the only option given (at the top right of the History menu) is to delete that recorded data. No popup appears to manually upload the data so it is not clear how or where the menu to "initiate upload" appears that should in theory make it possible to upload data manually. I've downloaded the latest version and recorded data after that, but the uploading of new data files recorded with the later version are still not visible on the drop down menu my account on Lakebook.

On the Deeper app some of the recorded data files show a cloud with a tick mark (under the History files) but none of those are actually uploaded to Lakebook. Also under the History menu, the top right hand corner show a cloud icon and by tap+hold it shows an update tag but again nothing updated to Lakebook.

Unfortunately I cannot gather from the article how (consistent) uploads are done but I guess the software must be updated to include a manual button selection to upload data files to Lakebook. I've tried the Backup function under the app Setting and also ensured that the Deeper Account is Login. Tried different options with the Account Login (either login before start using the data recording, during the recording or after recording) but it made no difference in uploading data (files) to Lakebook. Will play some more and hopefully find a solution for uploading recorded data to Lakebook....

Using data from Deeper 6 years 2 months ago #10079

• Charles1960
Thanks for the excellent review Team Colibri, I had checked out your excellent blog however had not scrolled back far enough to see that article. I suppose there must be some technical issue with the GPS or Lowrance would allow their version to upload to Insight Genesis .
Regards Charles
Last Edit: 6 years 2 months ago by Charles1960.

Using data from Deeper 6 years 2 months ago #10081

• Team Colibri
Thanks Charles.
I just finished testing FishHunter, Lowrance version of castable sonar. That article is however only available in Norwegian so far.

For our use Lowrance FishHunter is useless since there is no option for exporting data. So far Deeper is the only castable sonar to have that option. (I disregard Vexilar here, since their data is encrypted.)
Last Edit: 6 years 2 months ago by Team Colibri.
  • Page:
SCROLL TO TOP