Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Insight G Social Map to Humminb via Reefmaster

Insight G Social Map to Humminb via Reefmaster 5 years 4 months ago #7207

• leolej
Hi, I have a Humminbird 899CI HD Combo and want to download some Insight Genesis Social Maps and convert them to my Hummin sonar. Is that possible with the Reefmaster software? It seems you have to have a Lowrance Sonar and register that device's serial number to get access to download the maps on insight genesis so maybe i'll ask around among friends who have Lowrance Sonars to help me with that. Any help or tips regarding this is most welcome :-)
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Insight G Social Map to Humminb via Reefmaster 5 years 4 months ago #7208

• Matt
This is not possible - at least, it is certainly not possible with ReefMaster. The IG map format is not open, and there is no way to extract the data from it that you would need to generate another map.

Insight G Social Map to Humminb via Reefmaster 5 years 4 months ago #7209

• leolej
Ok thanks. If I were to buy any Lowrance plotter would I then be able to download and use the Insight G Social Maps with Reefmaster or with other Lowrance software?

Insight G Social Map to Humminb via Reefmaster 5 years 4 months ago #7210

• Matt
You won't be able to use them within ReefMaster, but you will be able to display them on your plotter. It might be possible to view them on the Navico Insight Planner PC application, but that is something you would need to confirm with Lowrance - I'm not sure.

Insight G Social Map to Humminb via Reefmaster 5 years 4 months ago #7211

• Team Colibri
Like Matt said, there is no way you can get a map from IG to work on your bird.

Yes, maps from IG can be used on Insight Planner. (IP is a rather overprized pierce of software, but this works.)
SCROLL TO TOP