Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Digatize

Digatize 5 years 4 months ago #5375

• sfitz
I don't know if this is possible but would be good if you could create data points directly on your RM map to fill in areas of low interest or follow contour lines from a chart overly this would be useful
for large lakes were areas of high interest would be done out on the boat and flatter more open areas could be filled in.
May be this can all ready be done if so how?
Cheers Scott.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Digatize 5 years 4 months ago #5376

• dannett
First off safety, we could all probably write a thousand words each why you shouldn't do this so please apply common sense to everything that follows.

Assuming that you can not get hold of a low resolution (50m grid) survey for the area you could create a CSV file and manually create such a low resolution grid using the LAT, LONG, and DEPTH variables and then import this into your project. There could be some way to automate the task with a third party application like QGIS otherwise it may be a little labor intensive and require some trial and error.

Digatize 5 years 4 months ago #5382

• sfitz
Hi Dannett
Yes i guess the safety would be a concern
Ive had a chart digitized for me and used the data in one of my maps as Matt will know and it has worked out well i still have a lot of work to do on it,Ive tried QGIS couldn't relay get to grips with it I found another great little program called Didger 5 which is very easy to use but its $400 US frankly my wife doesn't understand my obsession.
Any way just thought could be good little add on for Reef Master you know one program does it all sort of thing.

Digatize 5 years 4 months ago #5383

• dannett
Another option might be to use a raster map for the areas of less interest (providing that one exists). Another option might be to use PlanetSAS to tile in the google earth or other platform (including navionics) maps for the areas of less detail and then merge these together in IMC?
SCROLL TO TOP