Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Adding more colour options to RGB palettes...

Adding more colour options to RGB palettes... 2 weeks 3 days ago #11598

• Meggs1
I've been trying to add more colours to a RGB palette but this is not possible using the palette editor.

I have used AT5 colours (map sample below) but you need to manually edit the palette file. Ideally I would like to have a colour change every 2 metres.

Would it be possible add an option for extra colours in the RGB section of the palette editor?
Last Edit: 2 weeks 3 days ago by Meggs1.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Adding more colour options to RGB palettes... 2 weeks 2 days ago #11599

• gpiverson
It depends on what the eventual export format is.

You can always use the IMC's function for doing this on AT5 charts. If you're trying to get a different color every 2 meters, it'd be easier to do that with interpolation between the colors rather than specifying a color for each depth.

Adding more colour options to RGB palettes... 2 weeks 17 hours ago #11601

• Matt
Map projects do interpolate RGB palettes, but not AT5 palettes. This means that however many colours you have in your RGB palette, RM will look at the depth range of the project and proivide interpolated colours from the palette across the range. In fact, you rarely get a precise colour from an RGB palette in a finished map, apart from the maximum/minimum values. If you want a colour change every 2 metres you will be guaranteed one if you set the major contour interval to 2m and use any RGB palettes.

The "hack" that was mentioned in your other thread will work for RGB palettes as well. Export a palette from the palette editor, open the rmpkml file and copy/paste as many of the <Color> tags as you need. If you then reimport this palette into RM you will be able to edit the colours as normal.

Adding more colour options to RGB palettes... 2 weeks 15 hours ago #11602

• Meggs1
Thanks guys.

More work needed by me but I'm not doing much else at the moment.....
SCROLL TO TOP

We use cookies to improve our website and your experience when using it. Cookies used for the essential operation of the site have already been set. To find out more about the cookies we use and how to delete them, see our Privacy Policy.

I accept cookies from this site