Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Point cloud in StructureScan 3D SL3-file

Point cloud in StructureScan 3D SL3-file 1 month 3 weeks ago #11350

• Anton76
Hello Matt!

Is there plans to implement in the future point cloud data processing from SL3-files produced by StructureScan 3D?

May be with some limitation i.e. only 3-5 points or for limited range (like not far than 10 m from boat)?
Even in such a limited form it could very helpful for big areas.

Thank you.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Point cloud in StructureScan 3D SL3-file 2 weeks 3 hours ago #11396

• dan-erik
Anton76 wrote:
Is there plans to implement in the future point cloud data processing from SL3-files produced by StructureScan 3D?
Having used StructureScan3D point clouds, I think they are fairly useless if there is not also an option to correct the data from an IMU. Otherwise when the boat moves in waves or people moving around on a small boat &c the depth will be more wrong with distance away from the boat. An IMU solves this issue, and two GPS-antennas makes it even better, but requires the software to handle the data from all units.

So then it's not only StructureScan3D that would need support, but also a range of IMU units, or at least NMEA data from such units.

Raymarine RealVision has built in IMU in the transducer, so it could potentially be easier to handle for data like StructureScan3D but ReefMaster doesn't support Raymarine products...
The administrator has disabled public write access.
SCROLL TO TOP

We use cookies to improve our website and your experience when using it. Cookies used for the essential operation of the site have already been set. To find out more about the cookies we use and how to delete them, see our Privacy Policy.

I accept cookies from this site