Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Garmin Support

Garmin Support 4 years 3 months ago #8455

• sonarbear
Hey

I was wondering what the status of Garmin Striker and Echomap devices support is. I'm considering one of their units but w/o RM it's no good...
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Garmin Support 4 years 2 months ago #8480

• Team Colibri
No, sorry. Striker does not support much at all and EchoMap supports Garmins own maps and QuickDraw.

Garmin Support 4 years 2 months ago #8482

• sonarbear
Thanks for the reply! I was actually wondering less about using maps in the device rather than using the logged data from Garmin devices to be read into Reefmaster to make depth maps and sidescan mosaics.

Garmin Support 4 years 2 months ago #8483

• jratike80
The active log file is OK for depths if you export the data into GPX. Do not try to save tracks with the EchoMap device. It does create GPX but it is using some heavy filtering that removes most of the track points. I keep quick draw on while collecting data into active log, it gives nice visual feedback about which areas have been mapped and which not. Unfortunately the downscan/sidescan recordings can't be used with Reefmaster.

Garmin Support 4 years 2 months ago #8485

• sonarbear
There are some old forum posts from the Reefmaster people where they showed sucessfully read Garmin sidescans and announced the integration. Didn't something come from this? It has been years!

Garmin Support 4 years 2 months ago #8490

• Matt
There has been some work on it, and it was working to an extent but not reliably enough to release. If Garmin were to provide the format to us, we could provide support for it within a few days.

Garmin Support 4 years 2 months ago #8492

• sonarbear
Oh, very good, Matt. That helps! I'm gonna bug them about it. I'm not going to buy one of their units if they don't support RM.

Garmin Support 4 years 2 months ago #8528

• sonarbear
Ok, I contacted them. Let's see if something comes out of it...

Garmin Support 3 years 3 months ago #10049

• Flips
Since this post is 10 months old I just wanted to say that this is still a requested feature, i understand that help from Garmin is still needed. I just sent an email in to their feature request address.

Garmin Ideas

Garmin Support 3 years 2 months ago #10116

• Norton79
I have a mate that has a echomap unit and has a large area of where we fish mapped. If he saves all of his maps is gpx will i ne able to import them into reefmaster and use with my logs from a hds gen3?
Thanks

Garmin Support 3 years 2 months ago #10118

• fjordfisher
Yes. You must export the depth datas als adm-files (look the manual), load into Garmin Homeport and export as gpx-file. The gpx file you can use in RM.
The Quickdraw files are not possible!!!!!!!!

Garmin Support 2 years 7 months ago #10639

• Guido
Carefully ask again, is there any expectation that Garmin will cooperate to display Sidescan in Reefmaster?
  • Page:
SCROLL TO TOP