Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Wrong position of imported Lowrance HDS7 sl2 file

Wrong position of imported Lowrance HDS7 sl2 file 5 years 7 months ago #10574

• ivanl
Hi all!
Last days I spend few days on the see and recording data with Lowrance HDS7 - Structure scan 3d. Some files comes to RM good, at the right position, but some files goes to the wrong position. I live in Croatia, but data and coordinates goes to the Jemen. After two days I changes my sounder firmware, I reinstall RM but the problem is still here. I have similar problem before few years with Lowrance Elite 4, but I forgot how I solwe the problem.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Wrong position of imported Lowrance HDS7 sl2 file 5 years 7 months ago #10575

• Anton76
Have you tried Swap Latitude and Longiture option while importing logs?

Wrong position of imported Lowrance HDS7 sl2 file 5 years 7 months ago #10576

• ivanl
Hi Anton!
Is there a Swap Latitude and Longiture option in RM. But as I see, if I change Latitude and Longitude, the file will bee also at the wrong position?

Wrong position of imported Lowrance HDS7 sl2 file 5 years 7 months ago #10577

• Matt
It is possible that what you are seeing here is an instance of an old bug on a certain Lowrance firmware that did swap latitude and longitude - although since this swap is in the original datum it doesn't translate into a direct swap of the finished lat/lon values. To test this, try reimporting the track with the "swap lat lon" option set and see if makes a difference. If not, please share one of the bad tracks with us so that we can look into it further.
SCROLL TO TOP