Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Maintenance Release 1.8.37

Maintenance Release 1.8.37 7 years 8 months ago #7667

• Matt
A new update is available for ReefMaster with the following changes:

• MapQuest base map options have been disabled, as these tiles are no longer available. We are working on a new base map solution and retain Open Street Map Landscape in the mean time.
  • Track-point times are now exported in CSV files.
  • Support for Garmin EchoMap generated GPX track files.
  • NMEA parsing now supports the most recent DPT message version.
  • Fixed issue with duplicate KML style error when exporting multiple maps as part of a Data Set.

You can update in the usual way, by clicking the Check For Updates button on RM startup. Simply downloading and installing the latest version over your current version also works.
Last Edit: 7 years 8 months ago by Matt.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Maintenance Release 1.8.37 7 years 7 months ago #7776

• sonarbear
Very nice that there is some progress, but is there some news on the new version? Maybe some screenshots and a release date?

Maintenance Release 1.8.37 7 years 7 months ago #7779

• Matt
RM2.0 is still scheduled for release before the end of this year. I will create a thread highlighting some of the features that you can expect, along with a few screen shots, in due course.

Maintenance Release 1.8.37 7 years 7 months ago #7856

• sonarbear
Will the new version be able to handle larger files? I had problems back in the days with large files (1 GB and above) which gave a "unsupported SON file format" error, making reefmaster useless for many of my logs...

Maintenance Release 1.8.37 7 years 7 months ago #7857

• Matt
sonarbear wrote:
Will the new version be able to handle larger files? I had problems back in the days with large files (1 GB and above) which gave a "unsupported SON file format" error, making reefmaster useless for many of my logs...

That shouldn't happen as a result of file size, but RM can be a bit sensitive to "bad pings" in HB files. This behaviour is much improved in v2, and we also have a small standalone utility (rather "rough and ready") that can sanitize most bas HB files so that they can be imported successfully into RM. If you want a copy, mail This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. or alternatively if you could share one of your large files that won't import then I can take a look.
There is I suppose also the possibility that is an unsupported SON file version - this would be pre v4 when they did not contain depth, and so are not useful in RM.
Last Edit: 7 years 7 months ago by Matt.

Maintenance Release 1.8.37 7 years 7 months ago #7883

• Beaulieu80
Nice work,

make sure to include a feature to allow merging source files like GPX, CSV. or sonar unit to a maximum of tracks pointe inside wanted.

to prevent having too many source files to handle per lake

Maintenance Release 1.8.37 7 years 6 months ago #7904

• Matt
Beaulieu80 wrote:
Nice work,

make sure to include a feature to allow merging source files like GPX, CSV. or sonar unit to a maximum of tracks pointe inside wanted.

to prevent having too many source files to handle per lake

We might look at this in the future, but for now have you tried using folders? If you group tracks in folders (in the asset list), you can drag (or right click menu) folders into projects, which might help a little.

Maintenance Release 1.8.37 7 years 6 months ago #7984

• Guido
Matt wrote:
RM2.0 is still scheduled for release before the end of this year. I will create a thread highlighting some of the features that you can expect, along with a few screen shots, in due course.

Hi Matt,

We are very curious :-)

Guido

Maintenance Release 1.8.37 7 years 6 months ago #7998

• Matt
Hi Guido,
Some more information this week, I promise :)
SCROLL TO TOP