Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: .at5 draw order and GPSMapedit exports

.at5 draw order and GPSMapedit exports 10 years 1 month ago #2194

• craigm
In Reefmaster, the vector maps created can be manipulated for draw order (level), which is intuitive. What I am not understanding is where the draw order data is stored in the output datafiles (.shp, .dbf, .shx, .prj). I don't see anything in the relevant .dbf file, which is where I expected to find it. I'm trying to convert a large shoreline/lake polygon/island (essentially this is a basemap) dataset currently stored as an .mp file to .at5. I can export it using Trevor's tutorial (thanks again for all that you've done here!), but I want to give it a low draw order so that Reefmaster output data will show on top of it in areas where I have bathy data. Surely this can be done?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

.at5 draw order and GPSMapedit exports 10 years 1 month ago #2195

• craigm
Ok, so it is the "Layer" attribute that I am looking for....when I open a Reefmaster output shapefile in GlobalMapper the "Layer" attribute shows up and I can edit it....I'm still curious as to where the attribute is stored, if it isn't in the .dbf file....?

.at5 draw order and GPSMapedit exports 10 years 1 month ago #2196

• fjordfisher
It's the "Level" in the Reefmaster user map. The user map are different ready shapefiles in background and yes the "Level" represent the LAYER Attribute.

.at5 draw order and GPSMapedit exports 10 years 1 month ago #2215

• craigm
Seems to be working as I was hoping, thanks fjordfisher.
SCROLL TO TOP