Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Garmin SideVu - Mosaic

Garmin SideVu - Mosaic 9 years 1 month ago #4977

• AnglingCharts
Thanks John

Sidescan isn't only for fishermen though - there are a very large number of sidescan users who couldnt give a hoot about fishing - but use it for dredging, survey, archaeology, biology, diving etc. All these folks have very specialized needs which don't necessarily gel with those of the sport fisherman. Just because a sport fisherman doesnt find something relevant or understandable in a discussion about sidescan doesnt imply that all sidescan users should hold the same opinion.

Reefmaster's sidescan interpretation software is up there with the best of them, and is in several respects groundbreaking. It is of immense value to niche sidescan users, and has recently been instrumental in many internationally important archaeological discoveries. An understanding of the geophysics involved is a crucial aspect of the ongoing research.

It's well worth everyone bearing in mind the richly diverse nature of the user base when contributing to broad based discussions.

T
http://www.anglingcharts.com/

Mucking about in boats
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Garmin SideVu - Mosaic 9 years 1 month ago #4978

• Fishton
As usual you are 100% correct Trevor.

I however must confess that I don't give a hoot about dredging, survey, archaeology etc.

All I care about is how sonar, bathymetry and sidescan mosaics can help me and my readers catch more fish.

Hence the name of my books 'Fisherman's Guide to ...'

I apologise if I seem to be coming across a bit blunt, but I cannot pretend that I'm anything other than what I am - A Fisherman.

I don't mean to offend.

John Easton - Fisherman's Guide to Sonar
www.fishtec.co.za

Garmin SideVu - Mosaic 9 years 1 month ago #4980

• Team Colibri
Reefmaster moved from just a "fisherman-program" to a serious mapping-tool a long time a go. This does not make it any less of a great thing for us that just chase the fish, it simply means that we have options available that we don`t use. I`m in the same boat as John here, probably using RM to 50% or so of its full potential. Sort of like most fishermen are when it comes to their HDS.... ;)
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Garmin SideVu - Mosaic 9 years 2 weeks ago #5121

• Fishton
Has anybody heard if this is available yet as SonarTRX has had it since December 2014.
  • Page:
SCROLL TO TOP