Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: saving sonar viewer settings

saving sonar viewer settings 5 years 4 months ago #10767

• Team Colibri
Very cool. :)
The administrator has disabled public write access.

saving sonar viewer settings 5 years 2 months ago #10837

• shragam
Wait for this too :)

saving sonar viewer settings 4 years 11 months ago #11057

• Gulf3124
Has this feature been released yet?

saving sonar viewer settings 4 years 10 months ago #11082

• Gulf3124
Coming in next maintenance release!

Almost 6 months ago... where are we at on this? This is a one day development change. I'd be happy to contribute to the source to get this done... this is a MAJOR pain point currently.
Last Edit: 4 years 10 months ago by Gulf3124.

saving sonar viewer settings 4 years 10 months ago #11115

• Vol
Matt wrote:
An update is now available, with some new features and bug fixes. To update, use the Check for Updates option from either the startup window or the FILE menu, and follow the prompts.
Features
  • Sonar viewer preferences now persisted and restored.

Sorry for maybe dumb question, but I can't find how to save/restore default (for newly imported tracks) sonar viewer preferences. Where are these buttons? Or it's another feature?

saving sonar viewer settings 4 years 10 months ago #11116

• Matt
The state of the sonar viewer, including brightness, contrast, channel selection etc is simply stored and retrieved for each individual track - there is no button to do this. If you think that a button to restore defaults might be useful, that is something we could probably add. If you are saying that you want to be able to set the defaults before the track is even viewed, then that is something else and could also be done, but isn't right now.

saving sonar viewer settings 4 years 10 months ago #11117

• Vol
Vol wrote:
I checked / edited over 200 logs last week. It is very tiring to choose the same viewing options every time for every new log. So I want to vote for this feature one more time. No need in separate settings page, "Save current settings as default" will be enough.
Matt wrote:
Coming in next maintenance release!
I wrote about default settings for new tracks - before it even viewed.

saving sonar viewer settings 4 years 10 months ago #11119

• Matt
OK - sorry for the misunderstanding. We'll add an option "use as default" which will then extend to newly viewed tracks, although this probably won't extend to channel selection as well given the different channels available across tracks and the confusion it might cause when available channels aren't shown by default.

saving sonar viewer settings 4 years 10 months ago #11124

• Vol
I don't think that extending to channel selection is critical, as in most cases we work with logs from the same device.

saving sonar viewer settings 4 years 10 months ago #11143

• Gulf3124
Matt wrote:
The state of the sonar viewer, including brightness, contrast, channel selection etc is simply stored and retrieved for each individual track - there is no button to do this. If you think that a button to restore defaults might be useful, that is something we could probably add. If you are saying that you want to be able to set the defaults before the track is even viewed, then that is something else and could also be done, but isn't right now.

Here's the problem. I record my sonar logs in batches of 5-10 files during the course of a day, to keep size down and for some protection against corruption. When I load File A into ReefMaster and open the Sonar Viewer, I have to manually adjust the four channels to the view settings I like. This takes a couple of minutes to dial in. Then when I open File B, I have to do this again, and invetiably the settings don't match exactly. It takes another couple of minutes. File C, D, E, etc same thing. This is tons of wasted time and effort.

Then if I close Reef Master, and later come back to open File A, I have to start all over again... and each time I'm "discovering" what the channel settings are that I like, because they don't save from previous usage.

Incredibly frustrating.
  • Page:
SCROLL TO TOP