Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: New user learning curve pains....

New user learning curve pains.... 2 years 3 months ago #12460

• NM_Fishnut
I just downloaded the demo version of the tool, to experiment and see how difficult this might be to use. Sadly... I am not off to a good start.

I have two *.sl2 files on my hard drive. Not a lot of data, but it will have to do for now.

I've opened them into a new project, and they show up as tracks. They show up correctly over the body of water that I am attempting to chart with bathymetric lines. Primary, downscan, sidescan has been recorded.

However, now that they are loaded, I only see two outlined rectangles, each rectangle with a small circle made up of blue dots in the upper left hand corner. If I hover over those blue circle dots, I see bathymetric related color lines on my water body of interest. Moving my cursor over and they disappear.

I looked at the "Getting Started" guide, and it seems that as soon as I load those two SL2 files, I should have viewers that get automatically loaded, such as sonar viewer. This does not happen.

What the heck am I doing wrong?

Is there a written document tutorial with a walkthrough "getting started"? I found a vimeo training video online that was of no use. The console controls look nothing like what I am seeing.

Sorry. I'm likely more dense than most.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

New user learning curve pains.... 2 years 3 months ago #12462

• DB
I started using this program about 3 month ago, it is a good program
like all good programs it takes time to learn especially if you have been sing an other program for years
Look at the step by step tutorial I found it good

New user learning curve pains.... 2 years 3 months ago #12463

• Matt
The reference manual can be found online here: reefmaster.com.au/reference2/index.htm or through the program by clicking on the "Help" button or pressing F1.

A step by step on producing a bathymetric map is at the end of the manual, here: reefmaster.com.au/reference2/index.htm?context=310

If you are looking for the sonar viewer feature, then double click your imported track in the tracks list at the left of the window. This will open a new tab for that specific track, that will show the trail-points for that track only, and have options in the menu bar for showing sonar, sidescan etc. See more on tracks here: reefmaster.com.au/reference2/index.htm?context=140

New user learning curve pains.... 2 years 2 months ago #12482

• wishin i was fishin
This is a great program,

Sounds like you need to add the tracks to the project you created.
Last Edit: 2 years 2 months ago by wishin i was fishin.
SCROLL TO TOP