Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Best Lowrance Transducers for RM

Best Lowrance Transducers for RM 1 month 2 weeks ago #12050

• Albertan
I'm in the process of rigging a 16' Lund with the primary purpose of mapping the lakes around my area (I have a larger boat I typically fish out of). I'd like to know what transducers will collect the best data to fully take advantage of the features of ReefMaster (SIdeScan Mosaic, etc). I'm primarily mapping with Lowrance. I have an older HDS10 Gen2 or a Carbon 12 I can take off my big boat. Thanks for any recommendations.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Best Lowrance Transducers for RM 3 weeks 2 days ago #12069

• wishin i was fishin
Hello Albertan, i have been running the dual xducer setup for a while. I have just recently purchased a 3 in 1 transducer and it has the same performance for mosaic sidescans. what will improve your sidescans is adding a point 1 gps from lowrance to use on your mapping boat.

just the unit uses gps heading and you have to be moving for it to accurately determine heading. adding the point 1 the unit has a more accurate gps and magnetic heading. the disadvantage is the cost. you need the point 1 $270USD and a N2K starter kit $110USD.

But...for me, that made the most difference when working with a mosaic.

Best Lowrance Transducers for RM 3 weeks 1 day ago #12073

• Albertan
Thanks for the tip. I wound up running the Carbon 16 with a 3-in-1 Active Imaging transducer in my mapping boat. I do have an extra Point 1 around the shop and I'm sure I could round up the parts for a small NMEA backbone without trying too hard. I understand .sl2 is the appropriate file format for RM, so I think I should be ready to go when the ice comes off in another week or so. Cheers.
SCROLL TO TOP