Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Waypoint, Trails and Routes Manager for Lowrance

Waypoint, Trails and Routes Manager for Lowrance 2 months 3 weeks ago #11828

  • Matt
  • Matt's Avatar
  • Online
Announcing the new ReefMaster Waypoint, Trail and Route Manager with integrated Sonar Viewer

The ReefMaster Waypoint Manager is a brand new, standalone application designed specifically to work with data from Lowrance sonar units.
Today we are announcing an early release of this application, ahead of a full launch over the next few weeks.



The Waypoint Manager does much more than just make managing your waypoints easy, including:

  • Import export of Lowrance USR file format in versions 3/4/5/6.
  • Import and export Google Earth, CSV and GPX file formats./li]
  • Display, edit and manage waypoints with full equivalent Lowrance icon and colour sets.
  • Display, edit and manage routes and trails.
  • Easily select groups of waypoints, trails or routes for export, editing or deletion.
  • Group editing operations on waypoints and trails, including icon and colour, label visibility and more.
  • Merge or split data files.
  • Simple to use waypoint duplicate-removal tool: delete waypoints with identical locations, or within a certain distance.
  • Full multi-channel sonar viewer for Lowrance SLG, SL2 and SL3 sonar log files.
  • Copy and paste trails and waypoints directly from Google Earth.

The Waypoint Manager is free for existing users of the standalone Sonar Viewer: Simply download using the link below, and activate using your existing Sonar Viewer key. New users can purchase the Waypoint Manager for an introductory price of US$39 (+tax).

Download the Waypoint Manager here!

As this is still an early access release, please do contact us with any feedback that you may have about the application.

Note that, unlike the standalone Sonar Viewer, the new Waypoint Manager does not require hardware graphics support, and should run on any PC running Windows 7 or later.

Please note that the Waypoint Manager is only compatible with Lowrance data files
Last Edit: 2 months 1 day ago by Matt.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Waypoint, Trails and Routes Manager for Lowrance 2 months 1 week ago #11845

  • Mark Meierotto
  • Mark Meierotto's Avatar
  • Offline
This sounds fantastic. Been waiting for a while for a first class waypoint manager for HDS Live. Thanks
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Waypoint, Trails and Routes Manager for Lowrance 2 months 5 days ago #11847

  • Baitban
  • Baitban's Avatar
  • Offline
Do i need this also to create routes if I already own Reefmaster ? (HDS gen 2 touch) I swear i remember seeing this feature in Reefmaster?
Last Edit: 2 months 5 days ago by Baitban.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Waypoint, Trails and Routes Manager for Lowrance 2 months 4 days ago #11852

  • Matt
  • Matt's Avatar
  • Online
Baitban wrote:
Do i need this also to create routes if I already own Reefmaster ? (HDS gen 2 touch) I swear i remember seeing this feature in Reefmaster?

"Routes", as in a series of connected waypoints, have never been supported in RM. We do plan on bringing most of the features of the new WM over into the full RM application later in 2021 as part of RM3.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Waypoint, Trails and Routes Manager for Lowrance 2 months 4 days ago #11853

  • Mark Meierotto
  • Mark Meierotto's Avatar
  • Offline
Matt wrote:
Baitban wrote:
Do i need this also to create routes if I already own Reefmaster ? (HDS gen 2 touch) I swear i remember seeing this feature in Reefmaster?

"Routes", as in a series of connected waypoints, have never been supported in RM. We do plan on bringing most of the features of the new WM over into the full RM application later in 2021 as part of RM3.

Sounds great!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Waypoint, Trails and Routes Manager for Lowrance 2 months 3 days ago #11858

  • Baitban
  • Baitban's Avatar
  • Offline
I'm running the trial version of way point manager. Is there an optimal way to export from reefmaster so i can see the contours? I'm using a KMZ file with only major contours exported it works not bad, tho it is a bit hard to follow the lines without the shading. However it is manageable with reef master open as well.
Looking forward to RM 3!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Waypoint, Trails and Routes Manager for Lowrance 2 months 2 days ago #11863

  • LittleGazoo
  • LittleGazoo's Avatar
  • Offline
Matt,
Fantastic, Navico users have much needed a management tool with so many great features.
==========================================================
I hope you will consider some bulk editing features for the near future.

Many fail to realize the bulk editing features of Humminbird PC program. Important features to consider might be:

Sort by feature, name, icon, visibility, latitude, longitude, date, etc.

Shift-Select & Cntrl-Select waypoints with ability to bulk-edit selected waypoints features like name, icon, icon-color, visibility(icon-only, iconandname).

Even copy-paste or cut-paste selected to different files.

Thanks again for this program. For to long have I used text-editors to edit Lowrance GPX files.

FYI: Lowrance icon-color is supported with USR files, but not all icons support color with GPX. GPX does not support Icon-only, IconandName characteristics at all.
Last Edit: 2 months 2 days ago by LittleGazoo.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Waypoint, Trails and Routes Manager for Lowrance 2 months 1 day ago #11864

  • Matt
  • Matt's Avatar
  • Online
LittleGazoo wrote:
Matt,
Fantastic, Navico users have much needed a management tool with so many great features.
==========================================================
I hope you will consider some bulk editing features for the near future.

Many fail to realize the bulk editing features of Humminbird PC program. Important features to consider might be:

Sort by feature, name, icon, visibility, latitude, longitude, date, etc.

Shift-Select & Cntrl-Select waypoints with ability to bulk-edit selected waypoints features like name, icon, icon-color, visibility(icon-only, iconandname).

Even copy-paste or cut-paste selected to different files.

Thanks again for this program. For to long have I used text-editors to edit Lowrance GPX files.

FYI: Lowrance icon-color is supported with USR files, but not all icons support color with GPX. GPX does not support Icon-only, IconandName characteristics at all.

Thanks for the feedback!

You can sort in the list views by clicking on the column header. For waypoints, you can sort by icon, name, latitude, longitude and created time. For trails you can sort visibiltiy, colour, name and time.

Bulk editing features are in there - you can multi-select waypoints or trails, either in the map view or the waypoints list, and edit any (or all) of the attributes you listed. Changes will be applied to all selected assets, with full undo capability if required..

We haven't implemented cut/paste, although it is possible to paste waypoints or trails (polylines) that have been copied from Google Earth. This is pretty useful for marking waypoints on satellite imagery and then bringing them into the WM for use in Lowrance devices.

You are correct with respect to icon colour. USR 4/5/6 support the full set of icon/colour combinations. USR3 has a few icons missing, and GPX only has colour choices for a small number of icons.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Waypoint, Trails and Routes Manager for Lowrance 2 months 1 day ago #11866

  • LittleGazoo
  • LittleGazoo's Avatar
  • Offline
Matt,
You are correct!! Many of the bulk editting features are currently in the program.

Any chance of "importing" better mapping like Navionics, C-Map, of AT5 Shadedrelief maps.
or
Creating waypoints and tracks when viewing Sonar screens. Example: Create a track tracing a creek from a recorded Structurescan Log.
One could do this in the old Humviewer program for Humminbird SI logs.
Last Edit: 2 months 1 day ago by LittleGazoo.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Waypoint, Trails and Routes Manager for Lowrance 2 months 1 day ago #11867

  • Matt
  • Matt's Avatar
  • Online
LittleGazoo wrote:
Matt,
You are correct!! Many of the bulk editting features are currently in the program.

Any chance of "importing" better mapping like Navionics, C-Map, of AT5 Shadedrelief maps.
or
Creating waypoints and tracks when viewing Sonar screens. Example: Create a track tracing a creek from a recorded Structurescan Log.
One could do this in the old Humviewer program for Humminbird SI logs.

Although it would be great to be able to show those maps, those are all proprietary map formats. It is possible in the WM to add an HTTP or WMTS map source, so if you can find (or have access to) better maps for your local area available via one of those protocols, then you can use it.

It is possible to create waypoints in the sonar viewer, and including in the sidescan channel where offset from the boat will be calculated as required. Note that to view sonar and map views side by side, the window header can be dragged to arrange the windows.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Waypoint, Trails and Routes Manager for Lowrance 1 month 4 weeks ago #11876

  • Matt
  • Matt's Avatar
  • Online
A new update for the Waypoint Manager/Sonar Viewer has been released - the application should prompt for update when restarted.

Enhancements
  • Quick search feature for waypoints, trails and routes list views.
  • Toggle buttons to show/hide all waypoints, trails or routes.
  • Waypoint Manager application now runs in 64 bit when appropriate.
  • Performance improvements when loading files with large numbers of trails.

Bug Fixes
  • Description field missing from GPX waypoint exports.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Waypoint, Trails and Routes Manager for Lowrance 1 month 3 weeks ago #11895

  • Vassilis
  • Vassilis's Avatar
  • Offline
I wish a happy and healthy new year to everyone.

Hi Matt

I can’t export colored symbols for example (+), (stop), (?), (!), (star symbol) etc. neither in files usr.6 nor in files gpx. to my Lowrance Elite ti.

The only symbol that i can export without problem in different colours in usr.6 and gpx. files is the symbol (x).

Is that normal ?

kind regards
Vassilis
Attachments:
The administrator has disabled public write access.
SCROLL TO TOP