Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: ReefMaster 2.0 Early Access

ReefMaster 2.0 Early Access 7 years 1 month ago #8615

• Matt
ReefMaster 2.0 is now available for existing ReefMaster 1.x users, and can be downloaded from this link:

reefmaster.com.au/index.php/try-reefmaster

Please note that before downloading RM2.0 you must update your existing ReefMaster installation to version 1.8.39, which was also released today. Failure to update RM1 first will result in some licensing conflict issues.

• ReefMaster 2.0 will install side-by-side with ReefMaster 1, and you will begin a new 14 day (export limited) trial period.
  • The RM2.0 upgrade can only be purchased by using the in-app link at this time.
  • When you open an existing RM1 workspace, this will be copied and upgraded into a new rm2db workspace file. Your original workspace will not be changed.
  • There are lots of new features and a new look UI which is - hopefully - more intuitive and easier navigate. Having said that, existing RM1 users should feel comfortable enough.
  • Please do take a look through the manual chapter on map projects and layers, and perhaps re-do the "make a map" tutorial at the end of the manual.
  • Some new features, particularly around sidescan mosaic, rely on hardware graphics capabilities. If your PC doesn't have these, RM will still run but will fall back to the old version for certain features. This will also affect any installation running on a virtual machine (including Parallels on the Mac).

Please report any feedback - good or bad!
Last Edit: 7 years 1 week ago by Matt.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

ReefMaster 2.0 Early Access 7 years 1 month ago #8616

• Nicktech
What a STAR Matt ;)

ReefMaster 2.0 Early Access 7 years 1 month ago #8618

• TJ
Thanks Matt. I'm all over it!

ReefMaster 2.0 Early Access 7 years 1 month ago #8619

• vladimir
Hello Matt. What price will be 2.0 for existing users? Thank you.

ReefMaster 2.0 Early Access 7 years 1 month ago #8620

• Foxes
Great Matt!
As many others, I have checked the Reefmaster´s forum daily for info on the new version to be released ;-)
Now, I have downloaded 2.0 and installed it, without a hitch. Thanks!

ReefMaster 2.0 Early Access 7 years 1 month ago #8621

• Matt
vladimir wrote:
Hello Matt. What price will be 2.0 for existing users? Thank you.

Hi Vladimir,
There is more information in this forum post. It is a US$50 upgrade fee, but when RM2.0 is fully released (in a couple of weeks) the price increases to $199 (from $149) so it costs the same to upgrade from RM1.

ReefMaster 2.0 Early Access 7 years 1 month ago #8622

• Guido
Matt,

Great, no problems with installation. Upgrade to 2.0 with no problems!

Thanks!

Guido

ReefMaster 2.0 Early Access 7 years 1 month ago #8627

• craigm
I haven't used 2.0 yet, but I would have paid WAY more than what you are asking for to go from V1.89 to 2.0. A $50 upgrade cost is ridiculously good value I suspect (based on new features and refinements to old)....I can't see any current Reefmaster user not upgrading.

When I made the move from Dr. Depth after Humminbird bought it out (and turned it into Autochart, where the software has largely stagnated since), I was really annoyed at the Dr. Depth situation, and kind of neutral with regards to Reefmaster. The interface was different, databases were structured differently....then I got to understand the subtle differences....even at that time I made the switch, Reefmaster's capabilities were far beyond Dr. Depth. And while AutoChart remains essentially what it was when Humminbird purchased it, Reefmaster has since grown by leaps and bounds....it is a fisherman's, cartographer's, and biologist's dream what this software is capable of. Yes, you need to invest considerable time in relation to data collection and post-processing to generate a good map (even excellent software is no replacement for good data)....but for those of us obsessed with perfection, the tools reefmaster provides are just so damn good...
Last Edit: 7 years 1 month ago by craigm.

ReefMaster 2.0 Early Access 7 years 1 month ago #8630

• Matt
Thanks Craig - I hope it was worth the wait.

Although there are a lot of obvious changes in RM2, the real bulk of the work has been "behind the scenes" to create a more solid and flexible foundation moving forwards. Now map creation and editing is far more flexible than it used to be, and hopefully the UI will be a little more easy to come to terms with for new users.

Lots more is planned as part of the RM2 release cycle!

ReefMaster 2.0 Early Access 7 years 1 month ago #8643

• Foxes
Hi Matt. How do you prefer to receive the feedback.
In this thread? New thread in the support forum? Email?

One thing I noticed so far is that when I import tracks they get the time = the time when I imported the file into RM, not the time of the recording.
The correct time is shown in the import-window, but in the workspace list as well as the Track Properties, the incorrect time is displayed.

Keep up the good work!
/Mattias

ReefMaster 2.0 Early Access 7 years 1 month ago #8644

• vvl4444
thanks Matt

ReefMaster 2.0 Early Access 7 years 1 month ago #8645

• Matt
Foxes wrote:
Hi Matt. How do you prefer to receive the feedback.
In this thread? New thread in the support forum? Email?

One thing I noticed so far is that when I import tracks they get the time = the time when I imported the file into RM, not the time of the recording.
The correct time is shown in the import-window, but in the workspace list as well as the Track Properties, the incorrect time is displayed.

Keep up the good work!
/Mattias

Thanks for the feedback - that looks like an issue that needs looking at. Probably better to make threads in the support forum going forwards..
SCROLL TO TOP