Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: creating map for Lowrance h2o GPS

creating map for Lowrance h2o GPS 5 years 9 months ago #6585

• rbartingale
I am attempting to upload a map to my Lowrance iFinder H2O GPS, however when i called Lowrance, they indicated the unit is not compatible with the AT5 format. So I attempted to output the map in LCM format to a SD card and the file does not output. I also attempted to output the file directly to a folder on my computers desktop and again no file was output. Has anyone successfully output a map to their Ifinder H2O? I am using Reefmaster V1.8.

Thanks
The administrator has disabled public write access.

creating lcm map for Lowrance h2o handheld GPS 5 years 9 months ago #6593

• rbartingale
Maybe a better question is why is the lcm map file not outputting? Reefmaster indicates I just need to select lcm file format and output. But no file appears

creating lcm map for Lowrance h2o handheld GPS 5 years 9 months ago #6594

• Matt
Good question - they should be, of course, so if you want to send your workspace through to This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. (and indiciate which project you are trying to export) I can take a look.
A better approach might be to export the project/map in the Shapefile format and run the IMC by hand, specifying a lower Atlas version. We export with Atlas 10 or 11 from RM, but my guess is that your unit requires an earlier version - perhaps 7. LCM is just an earlier form of AT5 and you will have a lot more flexibility in your map design if you go the AT5 route.

creating lcm map for Lowrance h2o handheld GPS 5 years 9 months ago #6596

• DAVES
is this a color screen or black and white??

any solutions to getting it to display?
<*)))><

creating map for Lowrance h2o GPS 5 years 9 months ago #6599

• rbartingale
The screen is black and white. Matt was able to create an .LCM map for me and it looks good on the GPS screen. Matt indicated there is an issue with the V1.8 RM program for outputting .LCM maps and there will be a fix released soon. Also, below is what he replied about using the .AT5 format for the Lowrance handheld GPS.
The IMC is Navico's tool for generating Lowrance maps. ReefMaster runs it automatically but it is also possible to run it on its own, using Shapefiles that have been exported from ReefMaster. This gives a bit more flexibility, as you can set some options that are not available in RM, such as earlier AT5 (Atlas) versions. My guess is that version 7 might work on your system, and this would potentially give a better looking map than is possible with LCM.

creating map for Lowrance h2o GPS 5 years 9 months ago #6600

• DAVES
that's what I found las tnight too.
..thanks for update will be nice to have on my handheld as well
<*)))><

creating map for Lowrance h2o GPS 5 years 9 months ago #6601

• Matt
Yep - we'll release a fix shortly. I'm not sure whether an AT5 map will work on that unit, but it is worth trying with an older Atlas version, as internally I believe LCM to be similar.

creating map for Lowrance h2o GPS 5 years 9 months ago #6640

• DAVES
matt any idea on timeline for this update?
<*)))><

creating map for Lowrance h2o GPS 5 years 8 months ago #6684

• Matt
Today's maintenance release (v1.8.35) fixes this issue.

creating map for Lowrance h2o GPS 5 years 8 months ago #6687

• DAVES
thanks matt
<*)))><
SCROLL TO TOP