Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: What should I buy? Making my own depth/contour map

What should I buy? Making my own depth/contour map 5 years 11 months ago #6269

• BarryFish
Hi guys,

I'm new out here, my name is Barry from Holland. I hope you guys cab help me out making the best-buy-decision....

I want to buy this program (Reefmaster) to go out on my boat and make cards of my fishing lakes that I can use in Googel Earth on a GPS device such as a mobile phone or tablet. So i can share it with my fishing-buddies that don't own a fishfinder/sonar. So they can look at the maps i have made with Reefmaster on their phones or tablets in Google Earth.

Now I read that 2015/2016 new products come from well-known brands as Simrad with the Structurescan 3D on the Simrad EVO2 NSS devices, and also with the Lowrance structurescan on their HDS models, Humminbird with their new Helix models.

But the question is,

Which devices are best for creating these files (i don't know the name of the file-type, KML or AT5 or so) for use in Google Earth on mobile devices like a mobile phone or tablet?

I'm totally new and not yet know enough about to buy something like that. I would love to hear your experience as users in order to prevent a bad buy. What exactly do I need for the best set-up?

Greatings,

Barry
The administrator has disabled public write access.

What should I buy? Making my own depth/contour map 5 years 11 months ago #6271

• Matt
Hi Barry,
Lowrance devices are the best for displaying maps created with ReefMaster - there is no real competition there. As far as collecting data is concerned, both Humminbird and Lowrance devices work equally well, more or less.
We plan to release a mobile viewer application in early 2016. In the meantime, viewing on mobile devices using Google Earth is possible.

Matt

What should I buy? Making my own depth/contour map 5 years 11 months ago #6272

• Team Colibri
Keep in mind that Lowrance/ Simrad might/ might not code the SL3-files from SS 3D in a way that might/ might not work in RM.

Any idea on this Matt?
SCROLL TO TOP